As a Sub-Editor, you'll be responsible for subbing and publishing content for digital and print across the Telegraph's News, Politics and Foreign output.
This production role ensures our written content is produced to the highest standard in a timely way, ranging from breaking news to sculpting long-form content. Working in a fast-moving and often pressurised environment, you will be capable of publishing numerous stories a day with accuracy and flair.
You will have the chance to work across a variety of content in a fast-paced, expanding team and alongside some of the country’s best journalists in their field. This is an exciting challenge to make a real impact in driving subscriptions in a globally renowned organisation that puts quality first.
- Ensure copy is accurate and brilliantly presented, writing sharp, digital-friendly headlines and making use of the best pictures, video and other multimedia assets.
- Work within the subbing team to ensure priorities are met and that content is optimised for a digital audience.
- Generate creative solutions to presenting content online.
- Taking digital content and repurposing for the newspaper
- Experience of writing and sub-editing stories on digital platforms.
- Experience of working in news at regional, trade or national level.
- Quick, accurate subbing and writing of headlines.
- Digital publishing skills needed, including knowledge of creating embeds such as info boxes, polls, number graphics, etc.
- Enthusiasm, imagination and digital ideas are all essential.
- Able to respond well under pressure and adhere to strict deadlines.
- Understanding of social media and SEO.
- Strong news sense and judgement.
The nature of our industry means life at the Telegraph Media Group is fast-paced, demanding, and interesting. We also want it to be rewarding for everyone who works here by creating a suite of benefits that contribute to lifestyle choices and leisure activities. From dynamic working opportunities, medical cover, and parental leave (six months fully paid maternity leave and enhanced paternity/partner leave), to life assurance and season ticket loans, you can choose from a range of flexible benefits, designed to support your lifestyle and help you achieve a healthy work-life balance.
Training and development
With support from your manager and colleagues, you’ll also have access to a variety of training and development opportunities through The Academy. Covering a range of personal and professional skills, our courses enable you to develop an enjoyable and rewarding career.
Our commitment to inclusion
At Telegraph Media Group, we foster a diverse and inclusive workplace and we are committed to building a team that reflects a wide variety of skills, perspectives and backgrounds. We believe in equality of opportunity and welcome candidates from all backgrounds, regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, socio-economic background, religion and/or belief.
We are proud to be a Level 3 Disability Confident Leader as part of the government’s Disability Confident Scheme. If you are disabled or have a long-term health condition and would like support in applying for any of our roles or if you require any reasonable adjustments in the recruitment process with us, please make us aware.
To find out more about Diversity, Inclusion and Belonging at Telegraph Media Group, and for more information on our purpose, beliefs, and people values, please visit our website.