Senior Research Analyst, OPIS - Johannesburg
- Dow Jones
- Closing date
- Jul 22, 2023
- Job Type
- Full Time
- Marketing / Research, Research, Energy
Job Description:Role - Senior Research Analyst II, Global Thermal Coal Location - Johannesburg
About the Role
The Senior Research Analyst II, Global Thermal Coal position requires a junior research analyst with experience researching mining commodities. Reporting into the Research and Analysis Associate Director the Senior Research Analyst II, Global Thermal Coal will work within the McCloskey team to perform research and insight functions, and additional analysis, including contributions to consulting projects.
- Help produce global supply, demand, and price forecast deliverables.
- Maintain regional reports for certain regional coal markets (eg. India)
- Contribute to weekly, monthly, quarterly, and ad hoc deliverables
- Develop new deliverables, including data visualisations in PowerBI.
- Periodically contributed to work outside of thermal coal, as it relates to Southern Africa.
- Contribute to ad hoc team needs, such as social media, webinars, and events.
- A degree in mathematics, engineering, economics, statistics or industry-related field required.
- Experience in a mining-related research, or within the mining industry, or its related markets.
- Strong writing ability is crucial and is examined during the interview process.
- Strong numerical and data analytical skills
- Effective verbal communication skills
- Advanced proficiency with MS Office applications required (Excel, Word and PowerPoint). Knowledge of Python, PowerBI, Tableau, and VBA advantageous.
- Comprehensive Healthcare Plans
- Paid Time Off
- Retirement Plans
- Comprehensive Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance Plans
- Education Benefits
- Paid Maternity and Paternity Leave
- Family Care Benefits
- Commuter Transit Program
- Subscription Discounts
- Employee Referral Program
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. EEO/AA/M/F/Disabled/Vets .
Dow Jones is committed to providing reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities, in our job application and/or interview process. If you need assistance or accommodation in completing your application, due to a disability, please reach out to us at TalentResourceTeam@dowjones.com. Please put "Reasonable Accommodation" in the subject line.
Dow Jones, Making Careers Newsworthy - All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. EEO/AA/M/F/Disabled/Vets. Dow Jones is committed to providing reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities, in our job application and/or interview process. If you need assistance or accommodation in completing your application, due to a disability, email us at email@example.com. Please put "Reasonable Accommodation" in the subject line.
Business Area: OPIS
Job Category: Data Analytics/Warehousing & Business Intelligence
Since 1882, Dow Jones has been finding new ways to bring information to the world's top business entities. Beginning as a niche news agency in an obscure Wall Street basement, Dow Jones has grown to be a worldwide news and information powerhouse, with prestigious brands including The Wall Street Journal, Dow Jones Newswires, Factiva, Barron's, MarketWatch and Financial News.
This longevity and success is due to a relentless pursuit of accuracy, depth and innovation, enhanced by the wisdom of past experience and a solid grasp on the future ahead. More than its individual brands, Dow Jones is a modern gateway to intelligence, with innovative technology, advanced data feeds, integrated solutions, expert research, award-winning journalism and customizable apps and delivery systems to bring the information that matters most to customers, when and where they need it, every day.
If you are a current employee at Dow Jones, do not apply here. Please go to the Career section on your Workday homepage and view "Find Jobs - Dow Jones." Thank you.
Req ID: 37489
We break stories, influence ideas, and advance business intelligence and cultural interest.
We expose the events that turn markets, the digital breakthroughs that transform art, the demand that drives invention, as well as the political and societal passing moments and lasting consequences.
We are the people of Dow Jones. From different fields, backgrounds and viewpoints we invite you to join us.
Examine the world and bring it to others.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert