Assistant Audio Producer - Opinion, Dow Jones - NY
- Dow Jones
- New York, NY
- Closing date
- Jul 16, 2023
- Job Type
- Full Time
- Broadcast, Finance
- Financial Journalist, Production, Video Producer, TV & Video Production Editor
Dow Jones is a global provider of news and business information, delivering content to consumers and organizations around the world across multiple formats, including print, digital, mobile and live events. Dow Jones has produced unrivaled quality content for more than 130 years and today has one of the world's largest news-gathering operations globally. It is home to leading publications and products including the flagship Wall Street Journal, America's largest newspaper by paid circulation; Barron's, MarketWatch, Mansion Global, Financial News, Investor's Business Daily, Factiva, Dow Jones Risk & Compliance, Dow Jones Newswires, OPIS and Chemical Market Analytics. Dow Jones is a division of News Corp (Nasdaq: NWS, NWSA; ASX: NWS, NWSLV).
About the Role:
The Wall Street Journal Opinion section is looking for a New York-based audio producer to join our growing podcasting team. We're seeking a high-energy, collaborative team player to produce podcasts that reflect the perspectives of The Wall Street Journal editorial board, columnists and a broad set of opinion contributors. The audio producer will work across several podcast formats, including interview and feature programs. This position requires a professional background in audio journalism, strong experience across several podcasting formats, and demonstrated production skills in both the studio and the field.
- Lead and support production of podcasts working remotely, in studio and on location
- Manage multiple projects in various stages of production
- Cut tape and edit full episodes
- Book interview guests, as well as plan and execute remote interviews
- Research topics of interest to The Wall Street Journal's Opinion audience, with a focus on politics, business, markets, economics, technology and science
- Record remote interviews and studio-based 2-ways
- Source timely news and archival audio
- Coordinate with Opinion's managing editor to plan tapings at conferences and events
- Work with editorial writers, columnists and editors to share their reporting in audio form
- Propose new and original ideas for programming
- Fact-check and help ensure that we meet all journalistic and legal standards
- Pitch in when needed to work late hours and weekends as news developments may warrant
- At least 2 years of experience serving as an audio producer in a daily news environment, preferably at a global news organization
- Experience working on news, narrative and/or magazine podcasts
- A track record of producing quality audio content efficiently under tight deadline constraints
- Professional-level understanding of Adobe Audition and Pro Tools software
- The ability to communicate clearly with exceptional written and collaboration skills
- It is essential that candidates be familiar with the ideas, philosophy and principles for which the Wall Street Journal editorial page stands
Dow Jones, Making Careers Newsworthy - All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. EEO/AA/M/F/Disabled/Vets. Dow Jones is committed to providing reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities, in our job application and/or interview process. If you need assistance or accommodation in completing your application, due to a disability, email us at email@example.com. Please put "Reasonable Accommodation" in the subject line.
Business Area: EDITORIAL
Job Category: Editorial/Journalism
Pay Range: $40,000 - $160,000
We recognize that attracting the best talent is key to our strategy and success as a company. As a result, we aim for flexibility in structuring competitive compensation offers to ensure we are able to attract the best candidates. The quoted salary range represents our good faith estimate as to what our ideal candidates are likely to expect, and we tailor our offers within the range based on the selected candidate's experience, industry knowledge, location, technical and communication skills, and other factors that may prove relevant during the interview process.
Pay-for-performance is a key element in our strategy to attract, engage, and motivate talented people to do their best work. Similarly to salary, for bonus eligible roles, targets are set based on a variety of factors including competitive market practice.
For benefits eligible roles, in addition to cash compensation, the company provides a comprehensive and highly competitive benefits package, with a variety of physical health, retirement and savings, caregiving, emotional wellbeing, transportation, and other benefits, including "elective" benefits employees may select to best fit the needs and personal situations of our diverse workforce..
Since 1882, Dow Jones has been finding new ways to bring information to the world's top business entities. Beginning as a niche news agency in an obscure Wall Street basement, Dow Jones has grown to be a worldwide news and information powerhouse, with prestigious brands including The Wall Street Journal, Dow Jones Newswires, Factiva, Barron's, MarketWatch and Financial News.
This longevity and success is due to a relentless pursuit of accuracy, depth and innovation, enhanced by the wisdom of past experience and a solid grasp on the future ahead. More than its individual brands, Dow Jones is a modern gateway to intelligence, with innovative technology, advanced data feeds, integrated solutions, expert research, award-winning journalism and customizable apps and delivery systems to bring the information that matters most to customers, when and where they need it, every day.
If you are a current employee at Dow Jones, do not apply here. Please go to the Career section on your Workday homepage and view "Find Jobs - Dow Jones." Thank you.
Req ID: 37624
We break stories, influence ideas, and advance business intelligence and cultural interest.
We expose the events that turn markets, the digital breakthroughs that transform art, the demand that drives invention, as well as the political and societal passing moments and lasting consequences.
We are the people of Dow Jones. From different fields, backgrounds and viewpoints we invite you to join us.
Examine the world and bring it to others.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert