In this role, you'll work to identify high performing content, provide editorial insights, track performance and make recommendations for improvement.
You'll be the first point of contact for queries from across the newsroom so responsiveness, strong communication skills and an eye for detail will be key.
- Support the Lead Editorial Performance Analyst to deliver editorial insight and analysis to the newsroom
- Respond to departmental requests for information around article performance
- Provide regular insights into our daily, weekly and long term performance, utilising Adobe Analytics, Google Data Studio and other appropriate tools
- Ensure timely generation and delivery of the regular reports to newsroom
- Investigate top performing stories to determine reasons for success and how to replicate this
- Build dashboards and reports for relevant editorial and publishing desks where necessary
- Flag underperforming content, providing recommendations on why it is underperforming and what would rectify this
- Work with all Audience teams to provide data-based recommendations to ensure Telegraph audience is reached on the right platform
- Work closely with the Insight & Analytics team using their data to build an understanding of audience habits
- Monitor new initiatives around the newsroom, providing feedback on success and improvement areas
- Demonstrable experience working with data to uncover insights and inform strategy
- Hands-on experience of web analytics tools, with preference for experience with Adobe Analytics
- Knowledge of Google Suite including Sheets, Docs and Slides (or the Microsoft Office equivalents)
- Strong communication skills and ability to present complex data simply and clearly
- Proactive and motivated with a data-driven mindset
- An interest in publishing and news/current affairs (desirable)
- Ability to work independently
The nature of our industry means life at the Telegraph Media Group is fast-paced, demanding, and interesting. We also want it to be rewarding for everyone who works here by creating a suite of benefits that contribute to lifestyle choices and leisure activities. From dynamic working opportunities, medical cover, and parental leave (six months fully paid maternity leave and enhanced paternity/partner leave), to life assurance and season ticket loans, you can choose from a range of flexible benefits, designed to support your lifestyle and help you achieve a healthy work-life balance.
Training and development
With support from your manager and colleagues, you’ll also have access to a variety of training and development opportunities through The Academy. Covering a range of personal and professional skills, our courses enable you to develop an enjoyable and rewarding career.
Our commitment to inclusion
At Telegraph Media Group, we foster a diverse and inclusive workplace and we are committed to building a team that reflects a wide variety of skills, perspectives and backgrounds. We believe in equality of opportunity and welcome candidates from all backgrounds, regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, socio-economic background, religion and/or belief.
We are proud to be a Disability Confident Employer as part of the government’s Disability Confident Scheme. If you are disabled or have a long-term health condition and would like support in applying for any of our roles or if you require any reasonable adjustments in the recruitment process with us, please make us aware.
To find out more about Diversity, Inclusion and Belonging at Telegraph Media Group, and for more information on our purpose, beliefs, and people values, please visit our website.