Audio Producer - Your Money Briefing, WSJ - NY
- Dow Jones
- New York, NY
- Closing date
- Jun 7, 2023
- Job Type
- Full Time
- Broadcast, Finance
- Financial Journalist, Production, Video Producer, Production Editor
The Wall Street Journal is looking for a self-starting, experienced audio producer to work on WSJ's Your Money Briefing podcast.
From spending and saving to investing and taxes, in this podcast the Journal's finance reporters and industry experts break down complicated money questions every weekday to help the audience make better decisions about managing their money.
We are seeking a highly-organized, creative, and collaborative producer with a track record of pitching, developing, field producing and elevating original audio series. Top candidates for this position will have excellent editorial judgment, strong production experience and team-management skills. Collaboration, decisiveness and clear communication are also critical for this role.
We are a growing audio unit that works with many areas of the WSJ newsroom to produce quality, factual, news-driven podcasts on topics that range from business, personal finance and economics to tech and science. We have a solid core listenership, which we're looking to expand and deepen.
This position will be based in our New York City office and reports to the Supervising Producer, News Podcasts.
To apply, please submit your résumé, a cover letter clearly outlining how your skills and experience meet or exceed the key candidate requirements and five links to past work that represents the type of work described. Candidates who do not submit cover letters will not be considered.
- Work closely with the show's host, Supervising Producer and Executive Producer as well as coverage chiefs across the WSJ newsroom to initiate and develop original story ideas.
- Play a key role in the production and post-production of the podcast: pitching stories, writing scripts, recording interviews, editing sound and posting to platforms.
- Conduct remote recordings and in-studio 2-way interviews.
- Interview WSJ reporters and sources, coaching those without audio experience.
- Collaborate with our social team on audience development strategies connected to the podcast.
- Manage multiple projects in various stages of development and production.
- Ensure all content meets the highest production value and all WSJ journalistic and legal standards are followed.
- Complete additional duties as assigned, including supporting other WSJ podcast productions in New York and London.
- At least 3 years of experience in audio storytelling for a daily podcast or radio program, preferably in news.
- Deep understanding and interest in the Journal's core coverage areas.
- Strong editorial judgment and broad knowledge of current events.
- Strong editorial skills, including experience in research, fact-checking and sculpting longform interviews both before and after recordings.
- Professional experience writing headlines, captions and scripts for stories under tight time constraints.
- Experience developing and launching new products.
- Professional-level understanding of Adobe Audition, Pro Tools or other DAWs.
The Journal's reporters, editors, developers, and audio and visual journalists create important and impactful stories, firmly rooted in fact and adhering to the highest ethical standards. We report without fear or bias, and we maintain a proper sense of perspective, detachment and objectivity in our reporting.
Dow Jones, Making Careers Newsworthy - All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. EEO/AA/M/F/Disabled/Vets. Dow Jones is committed to providing reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities, in our job application and/or interview process. If you need assistance or accommodation in completing your application, due to a disability, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please put "Reasonable Accommodation" in the subject line.
Business Area: NEWS/WSJ
Job Category: Editorial/Journalism
Pay Range: $40,000 - $160,000
We recognize that attracting the best talent is key to our strategy and success as a company. As a result, we aim for flexibility in structuring competitive compensation offers to ensure we are able to attract the best candidates. The quoted salary range represents our good faith estimate as to what our ideal candidates are likely to expect, and we tailor our offers within the range based on the selected candidate's experience, industry knowledge, location, technical and communication skills, and other factors that may prove relevant during the interview process.
Pay-for-performance is a key element in our strategy to attract, engage, and motivate talented people to do their best work. Similarly to salary, for bonus eligible roles, targets are set based on a variety of factors including competitive market practice.
For benefits eligible roles, in addition to cash compensation, the company provides a comprehensive and highly competitive benefits package, with a variety of physical health, retirement and savings, caregiving, emotional wellbeing, transportation, and other benefits, including "elective" benefits employees may select to best fit the needs and personal situations of our diverse workforce..
Since 1882, Dow Jones has been finding new ways to bring information to the world's top business entities. Beginning as a niche news agency in an obscure Wall Street basement, Dow Jones has grown to be a worldwide news and information powerhouse, with prestigious brands including The Wall Street Journal, Dow Jones Newswires, Factiva, Barron's, MarketWatch and Financial News.
This longevity and success is due to a relentless pursuit of accuracy, depth and innovation, enhanced by the wisdom of past experience and a solid grasp on the future ahead. More than its individual brands, Dow Jones is a modern gateway to intelligence, with innovative technology, advanced data feeds, integrated solutions, expert research, award-winning journalism and customizable apps and delivery systems to bring the information that matters most to customers, when and where they need it, every day.
If you are a current employee at Dow Jones, do not apply here. Please go to the Career section on your Workday homepage and view "Find Jobs - Dow Jones." Thank you.
Req ID: 34964
We break stories, influence ideas, and advance business intelligence and cultural interest.
We expose the events that turn markets, the digital breakthroughs that transform art, the demand that drives invention, as well as the political and societal passing moments and lasting consequences.
We are the people of Dow Jones. From different fields, backgrounds and viewpoints we invite you to join us.
Examine the world and bring it to others.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert