MailOnline is seeking sub-editors for its Snapchat Discover team.
The role is demanding, but will suit skilled and creative journalists with a flair for writing, an eye for detail, and a passion for accuracy.
Successful candidates will have previous experience in proofreading, copywriting, and sub-editing.
The work blends traditional journalism skills with innovative digital media and graphic design - reaching an international audience of millions every day.
- Uploading copy, pictures, and videos to Snapchat Discover;
- Rewriting, fact-checking, and correcting copy to a high standard;
- Writing headlines, picture captions, and video captions;
- Working to a strict daily deadline;
- Liaising with sub-editors and graphic designers.
- Professional experience in journalism, especially sub-editing and headline writing;
- Excellent grammar and spelling skills;
- Flexibility with working patterns;
- Ability to work with a team and keep a cool head under pressure.
The above list is not exhaustive and constantly evolving, based on the needs of the business. Out of hours availability and a high level of adaptability are essential.
Please apply by sending an up-to-date CV, a note about yourself and why you’d be perfect for the team.
Any applications received without a CV will not be considered.