Magazine Editor, WSJ - NY
- Dow Jones
- New York, NY
- Closing date
- Jul 8, 2023
- Job Type
- Full Time
The WSJ is looking for an experienced editor to lead WSJ. Magazine.
You will have precise commissioning and copy-editing skills, an extensive contacts book and an exquisite radar for what's new and important and coming around the corner in the world of fashion, style and culture. Applicants must be bursting with original ideas for topical features and understand how best to present our stories to our digital audiences.
- Successfully manage productive relationships with the editor-in-chief, the Magazine team and journalists across the newsroom
- Conceive and deliver distinctive and engaging content that appeals to readers, is lively, agenda-setting, newsy and will attract a broader digital audience
- Manage a large team of journalists across a wide range of disciplines including writing, editing, photography, art direction, digital and print production and social media
- Use audience data to help guide commissioning and use social networking and other digital platforms for content generation and to promote Magazine content
- Work collaboratively with internal departments including marketing, production, finance and HR
- Manage the budget for the department to produce Magazine content as efficiently as possible, meeting deadlines
- Ten years experience of working as a senior editor for a major magazine, newspaper or major digital news outlet
- The highest journalistic standards of fairness, accuracy, and freedom from any commercial conflict of interest
- Demonstrable expertise in current affairs, culture, people, fashion and luxury
- Able to use all the mechanics and analytic tools of creating visually rich digital journalism, with a special emphasis on the strategy and tactics of building a digital audience
- Persuasive presentation skills, well-developed interpersonal skills
- Able to manage a department budget
Dow Jones, Making Careers Newsworthy - All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. EEO/AA/M/F/Disabled/Vets. Dow Jones is committed to providing reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities, in our job application and/or interview process. If you need assistance or accommodation in completing your application, due to a disability, email us at email@example.com. Please put "Reasonable Accommodation" in the subject line.
Business Area: NEWS/WSJ
Job Category: Editorial/Journalism
Pay Range: $140,000 - $450,000
We recognize that attracting the best talent is key to our strategy and success as a company. As a result, we aim for flexibility in structuring competitive compensation offers to ensure we are able to attract the best candidates. The quoted salary range represents our good faith estimate as to what our ideal candidates are likely to expect, and we tailor our offers within the range based on the selected candidate's experience, industry knowledge, location, technical and communication skills, and other factors that may prove relevant during the interview process.
Pay-for-performance is a key element in our strategy to attract, engage, and motivate talented people to do their best work. Similarly to salary, for bonus eligible roles, targets are set based on a variety of factors including competitive market practice.
For benefits eligible roles, in addition to cash compensation, the company provides a comprehensive and highly competitive benefits package, with a variety of physical health, retirement and savings, caregiving, emotional wellbeing, transportation, and other benefits, including "elective" benefits employees may select to best fit the needs and personal situations of our diverse workforce..
Since 1882, Dow Jones has been finding new ways to bring information to the world's top business entities. Beginning as a niche news agency in an obscure Wall Street basement, Dow Jones has grown to be a worldwide news and information powerhouse, with prestigious brands including The Wall Street Journal, Dow Jones Newswires, Factiva, Barron's, MarketWatch and Financial News.
This longevity and success is due to a relentless pursuit of accuracy, depth and innovation, enhanced by the wisdom of past experience and a solid grasp on the future ahead. More than its individual brands, Dow Jones is a modern gateway to intelligence, with innovative technology, advanced data feeds, integrated solutions, expert research, award-winning journalism and customizable apps and delivery systems to bring the information that matters most to customers, when and where they need it, every day.
If you are a current employee at Dow Jones, do not apply here. Please go to the Career section on your Workday homepage and view "Find Jobs - Dow Jones." Thank you.
Req ID: 37554
We break stories, influence ideas, and advance business intelligence and cultural interest.
We expose the events that turn markets, the digital breakthroughs that transform art, the demand that drives invention, as well as the political and societal passing moments and lasting consequences.
We are the people of Dow Jones. From different fields, backgrounds and viewpoints we invite you to join us.
Examine the world and bring it to others.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert