Technology E-commerce Editor – Digital Spy
London, United Kingdom
At Hearst UK, there’s always more to the story. Join us as our Technology E-commerce Editor – Digital Spy, to start the next chapter in your career.
We’re the UK’s leading premium publisher, and the people behind iconic media brands such as Cosmopolitan, Esquire, Elle, Harper’s Bazaar and Country Living. We’ve created a working environment that encourages everyone to pull together. We never stop looking for brave new ideas. We’ll always try to develop and improve, we trust each other to do our best, and we have fun as we build on our heritage to make history.
ABOUT THE ROLE
- Publishing accurate, expert Tech e-commerce news and features to the site on a daily basis in the Digital Spy house style;
- Helping to oversee and manage SEO e-commerce updates centrally and within the editorial team;
- Build and update suitable e-commerce galleries, updating where appropriate;
- Taking care before publication to ensure your content is accurate, of a suitably high quality, works well for search and social, and meets our editorial and house style standards;
- Lead planning and strategy for all key shopping periods around e-commerce tech content including (but not limited to) Black Friday/Cyber Monday, Amazon Prime Day, Christmas/winter sales – and lead the team on other potential opportunities (for example back to school shopping, Father’s Day and Mother’s Day)
- Create regular reports with key findings (including trends and revenue) for Editor-in-Chief and wider business;
- Understand what content performs well and what doesn’t by maintaining constant awareness of site strategy and performance (in terms of traffic, engagement and revenue) – and use this knowledge to steer future strategy and content tests;
- Work with our affiliates team on rate pitches for potential e-commerce partnerships around high-performing content;
- Liaise with our commercial team on potential advertising partnerships around tech and gaming;
- To be a brand ambassador, upholding Digital Spy and Hearst UK values at all times.
- You may be required to undertake such further duties as your skills, qualifications and experience allow and/or as may be assigned to you from time to time.
- You’ll be an expert on the tech industry and have experience writing about it – along with experience of publishing and editing online, including CMS platforms.
- You’ll also have experience working with e-commerce content, as well as an excellent command of the English language and a passion for accuracy in your work.
- You’ll also be skilled in planning and may have experience creating and managing in-depth editorial plans, both for new content and for updates. You may have experience managing and feeding back to writers and editors.
- You may also have expertise in gaming e-commerce content and editorial, as well as experience working on commercial and advertising partnership ideas and pitches.
- This role may occasionally include working outside of core daytime hours, including on weekends and public holidays in return for TOIL.
WHAT WE OFFER
At Hearst UK, you can choose from a huge range of perks and benefits that can help you learn well, work well and live well including:
- 25 days’ holiday (with the option to buy up to 5 additional holiday days)
- Hybrid working – Three days per week in the office
- Discounted gym membership
- Healthcare cash plan
- Spend a charity day with your favourite good cause
- Life assurance and pension scheme
- Regular socials and more!
There’s more to your story than you imagine. And the next chapter begins right here.
Hearst UK is deeply committed to using our influential brands to reflect the world we want to live in – one that respects, protects, represents and uplifts the voices and opinions of all people. As a business, we recognise the significant benefits of creativity, collaboration and innovation that comes with diverse teams. Not only is diversifying the voices in our organisation the right thing to do, but it also helps us to make powerful and exciting content that can be enjoyed by many more people. This is why we’re working to build a sense of true belonging within our business and foster a culture in which everyone feels heard.