Do you have an eye for a great story? Do you keep on top of the latest parenting news, plus celebrity, health and money stories, and do you love writing content and watching it go viral?
If so, we want to hear from you!
Netmums is looking for an experienced content writer to join our busy editorial team.
As a key member of the social and newsletter team, you’ll help grow the Netmums audience and boost daily traffic by coming up with great multi-channel content ideas and writing shareable, informative stories that our audience of UK parents love.
You'll be working as part of a dynamic, nimble team that uses data-driven insights to create high-performing content across multiple channels. You'll expand your digital and quantitative skills as well as produce news and feature writing at pace, and identify and zero in on the evolving needs of parents across the UK. You'll work across newsletters, social media, push notifications and Google Discover.
The position combines writing accurate and engaging daily stories with being part of a fast-response team covering and pushing out breaking news to millions of users. You’ll need to keep one eye on the news at all times and follow relevant social media and celebrities to come up with great content that helps us meet our traffic goals and reach an ever-growing audience.
As part of your role, you’ll also be responsible for building daily newsletters, devising snappy subject lines that get readers clicking, and monitoring and reporting data to help us understand what performs well and produce data-driven stories and results.
This is a hybrid role working between home and our central London office.
Parenting experience is not essential.
Key responsibilities include:
- Sourcing and writing stories in a timely manner
- Managing content for, building, publishing and scheduling our daily and weekly newsletters
- Working with the commercial team to create promotional articles and emails when required
- Monitoring newsletter data to record the stats daily and produce metric reports as required
- Published writing experience in a fast-paced digital environment
- Demonstrable traffic growth across digital channels such as social, push web, newsletters and Google Discover
- Ability to source and resize imagery optimised for SEO
- Calm, unflappable nature, able to produce content at scale and pace
- Good knowledge of SEO
- An understanding of email newsletters and what makes them work
This is a full-time position with 25 days’ holiday plus an extra day off for your birthday and Bank Holidays, workplace pension, employee assistance programme, life cover and the opportunity to grow in your role – we believe in nurturing talent!
Please send us your CV and a covering letter.