OPIS, is a thriving energy pricing, news and software provider. We provide transparency through educational courses, software tools, real-time news and pricing services, and market-specific benchmark pricing reports that enable our customers to make smarter, more informed decisions. When you work at OPIS, you'll work for a company that is customer-focused and your work will benefit our customers from just about your first day on the job.
Major Responsibilities of Role:
- Uses quantitative or qualitative data collection techniques, analyzes data and prepares reports for presentation
- Process and Transform Data from data sources into internal price database
- Research data accuracy via daily audits of wholesale oil industry pricing
- Contact fuel suppliers and distributors when quality control questions arise
- Assist pricing team quality control through source verification and case analysis
Required Technical Capabilities:
- Strong oral and written communication skills and attention to detail, including relevant language skills as appropriate
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Access and Outlook, with the ability to create basic queries, navigate applications and learn new systems easily. Basic operational experience in SQL Server Mgmt Studio and MS Power BI
- Organization and problem solving skills including the ability to manage multiple tasks and deadlines simultaneously in a fast-paced environment
- Must be flexible with the ability to work effectively and collaboratively with all coworkers, must be capable of working independently
- Excellent organizational skills with strong attention to detail
- Strong data analysis skills
- Bachelor's Degree preferred or equivalent work experience
- Hours of role are 7 am to 4 pm M-F Eastern Time
Dow Jones, Making Careers Newsworthy - All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. EEO/AA/M/F/Disabled/Vets. Dow Jones is committed to providing reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities, in our job application and/or interview process. If you need assistance or accommodation in completing your application, due to a disability, email us at email@example.com. Please put "Reasonable Accommodation" in the subject line.
Business Area: OPIS
Job Category: Quality Management
Since 1882, Dow Jones has been finding new ways to bring information to the world's top business entities. Beginning as a niche news agency in an obscure Wall Street basement, Dow Jones has grown to be a worldwide news and information powerhouse, with prestigious brands including The Wall Street Journal, Dow Jones Newswires, Factiva, Barron's, MarketWatch and Financial News.
This longevity and success is due to a relentless pursuit of accuracy, depth and innovation, enhanced by the wisdom of past experience and a solid grasp on the future ahead. More than its individual brands, Dow Jones is a modern gateway to intelligence, with innovative technology, advanced data feeds, integrated solutions, expert research, award-winning journalism and customizable apps and delivery systems to bring the information that matters most to customers, when and where they need it, every day.
If you are a current employee at Dow Jones, do not apply here. Please go to the Career section on your Workday homepage and view "Find Jobs - Dow Jones." Thank you.
Req ID: 37039