Senior Reporter, PE Hub (PEI Group) - NY
- PEI Group
- New York (US)
- $75,000.00 per year
- Closing date
- May 6, 2023
- Job Type
- Full Time
- Trade Publication, B2B, Finance, Private Equity
We at PEI Group are looking for a senior reporter to join our welcoming, diverse, and growing team based in New York. The successful candidate will play a dual role, focusing on covering the private equity community and the secondaries market for alternative assets. Specifically, the reporter will write exclusive, insightful, and actionable stories about private equity firms and their limited partners that differentiate PEI from other publications which similarly cover private equity investing. The senior reporter will write for both Private Equity International and Secondaries Investor.
The senior reporter will aim to produce content that leads with analysis and informed perspective. This will involve collaborating with the editor on ideas, sourcing, and story structures with an eye to delivering valuable information that consistently speaks to our core audience of general partners, limited partners and industry service providers.
Other responsibilities will include writing articles that profile firms and people, identify and analyze trends in fundraising and other activities, and other key community developments including key personnel moves. This also includes breaking deal news for Secondaries Investor.
At all times, the goal is to seek out the impact of those developments rather than merely recounting the news.
Your main responsibilities:
- Contribute regularly to privateequityinternational.com and its magazine (10 issues per year) and secondariesinvestor.com.
- Develop cover stories and original news and features while also collaborating with the broader Private Equity Group, including Buyouts, Private Funds CFO and others.
- Conduct interviews and develop relationships with sources and readers (GPs, their LPs, and others) to break news.
- Receive assignments or follow up on news leads and tips from sources.
- Regularly attend industry events either virtually or in-person (when covid-19 restrictions are lifted). The reporter may also be asked to moderate panels at the company’s conferences (either in person or virtually).
- Communicate regularly with the editor and meet deadlines.
- Be highly attentive to details and accuracy.
This role will involve gaining access to and publishing sensitive and privileged information. The reporter will be expected to understand and adhere to journalistic ethics and consult with editors on any potential conflicts.
Who we are:
PEI Group is a subscriber-focused business intelligence company. With our multi-talented global team of over 300 people, spread across EMEA, USA & Asia, our purpose is to inform and connect investment professionals across global, specialised markets. We identify specific high growth, high value investment sectors and themes where deep insight, strong market relationships and active capital flows are critical for success.
What we do:
PEI Group provides industry-leading journalism, data, and market insight to subscribing clients via a wide portfolio of specialist brands supported by our robust and scalable digital publishing, analytics, and database platform.
We also track the firms and individuals who shape markets and bring client-communities together to enable knowledge sharing, profile building and relationship development through professional networks and events.
Wherever our markets are active – in New York, Los Angeles, Tokyo, Sydney, Hong Kong, London and elsewhere – PEI is hard at work examining crucial market forces and shifting investment themes, identifying active investors and their capital allocations, and scanning ahead for regulatory changes, new compliance requirements and other risk factors.
We are looking for someone who is;
The ideal candidate:
- Has excellent people skills
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment with daily deadlines.
- Excited about face-to-face meetings with industry sources, and keen to “work the phones” to break news.
- Excellent observation and judgment skills to extract develop and develop compelling stories.
- Stays organized and calm under pressure
- Is comfortable multi-tasking
- Is self-motivated
- Is excited about engaging with a sophisticated audience.
Qualification & Experience
- Minimum of two years’ experience as a business reporter. Experience covering private equity/alternative assets or related financial field to understand investing and GP-LP relationships a plus.
- Ability to meet deadlines.
- Superb communication and networking skills.
- Computer proficiency, such as using the Microsoft Office Suite, online search tools, databases, WordPress, and familiarity with social media platforms, such as LinkedIn. Infogram experience a plus.
We strive to ensure that opportunities to work and develop at PEI Group are fair, inclusive, and open to all. We welcome applications from all qualified candidates, regardless of age, disability, gender identity, or gender expression, race, ethnicity, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, or any other equality characteristic
PEI Group supports flexible working arrangements, and we welcome career returners.
- Medical coverage options include prescription coverage and vary by insurance carrier,
- Matched 401K
- 24 days PTO annually
- Up to 10 sick days annual
- Flexible and hybrid working options
- Career progression support
- Family friendly policies
- Employee Assistance Program offering free/low-cost resources
PEI Group is a financial information group focused exclusively on alternative asset finance and investment.
We specialise in covering the private equity, private debt, real estate and infrastructure industries globally and are increasingly active in other, newly emerging alternative investment fields and practices too.
PEI has a roster of award-winning journalists working from offices in London, New York and Hong Kong across nine different titles, and runs a highly successful international conference programme comprising nearly 60 events each year.
100 Wood Street
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert