Executive Producer - Audio, Features & Series, WSJ - NY
- Dow Jones
- New York, NY
- Pay Range: $50,000 - $180,000
- Closing date
- Mar 29, 2023
- Job Type
- Full Time
- Broadcast, Finance
- Financial Journalist, Video Producer, Multimedia Journalist, TV & Video Production Editor
The Wall Street Journal is seeking an executive producer of features and in-depth narrative series for its global audio team. This role requires excellent journalistic instincts, production and logistical knowhow, and team-management skills.
A track record of editorial leadership, decisiveness and clear communication are critical for this position. Top candidates will have strong experience in producing, pitching, developing and elevating original audio series. You should have a proactive and entrepreneurial spirit with a start-up mentality. A passion for innovation and experience managing weekly production in a global news organization are also a must.
As executive producer of features and series you will be expected to partner with editorial leaders from across our newsroom's coverage areas to generate new story ideas. You will also mentor and empower other audio journalists to do their best work under tight deadlines and continue to raise the bar for audio journalism at The Wall Street Journal.
This position will be based in our New York City office or Washington, D.C., offices and reports to the Editorial Director, Audio.
To apply, please submit your résumé, a cover letter clearly outlining how your skills and experience meet or exceed the key candidate requirements and five links to past work that represents the type of work described. Candidates who do not submit cover letters will not be considered.
- Manage a team of audio producers to develop, launch and produce weekly feature podcasts, as well as, compelling, deeply reported, narrative series.
- Propose new and original ideas for timely and relevant programming on a regular basis.
- Coordinate with audio platforms and vendors, proactively taking all necessary steps to ensure timely and uninterrupted distribution of WSJ audio content.
- Partner with the technical operations team to ensure audio equipment, studios and facilities are functioning and up to date.
- Research, write and produce coverage, as necessary, while inspiring your team to work creatively within tight deadlines.
- Provide clear and constructive notes and timely feedback on scripts and cuts.
- Ensure all content meets the highest production value and all WSJ journalistic and legal standards are followed.
- Complete additional duties as assigned, including supporting other WSJ podcast productions in New York and London.
- At least eight years of experience in audio storytelling at a successful podcast or radio program and overseeing a small team.
- Demonstrated experience producing compelling audio programs under tight deadline constraints.
- Professional experience writing, reviewing and elevating scripts and communicating constructive feedback.
- Deep understanding of current business and markets trends, domestic and international news, pop culture, tech and politics.
- Professional-level understanding of DAW (ProTools or Adobe Audition).
- Full knowledge of and experience with distribution and ad-serving providers.
- Exceptional communication and collaboration skills.
The Journal's reporters, editors, developers, and audio and visual journalists create important and impactful stories, firmly rooted in fact and adhering to the highest ethical standards. We report without fear or bias, and we maintain a proper sense of perspective, detachment and objectivity in our reporting.
Dow Jones, Making Careers Newsworthy - All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. EEO/AA/M/F/Disabled/Vets. Dow Jones is committed to providing reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities, in our job application and/or interview process. If you need assistance or accommodation in completing your application, due to a disability, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please put "Reasonable Accommodation" in the subject line.
Business Area: NEWS/WSJ
Job Category: News/Editorial Group
Pay Range: $50,000 - $180,000
We recognize that attracting the best talent is key to our strategy and success as a company. As a result, we aim for flexibility in structuring competitive compensation offers to ensure we are able to attract the best candidates. The quoted salary range represents our good faith estimate as to what our ideal candidates are likely to expect, and we tailor our offers within the range based on the selected candidate's experience, industry knowledge, location, technical and communication skills, and other factors that may prove relevant during the interview process.
Pay-for-performance is a key element in our strategy to attract, engage, and motivate talented people to do their best work. Similarly to salary, for bonus eligible roles, targets are set based on a variety of factors including competitive market practice.
For benefits eligible roles, in addition to cash compensation, the company provides a comprehensive and highly competitive benefits package, with a variety of physical health, retirement and savings, caregiving, emotional wellbeing, transportation, and other benefits, including "elective" benefits employees may select to best fit the needs and personal situations of our diverse workforce..
Since 1882, Dow Jones has been finding new ways to bring information to the world's top business entities. Beginning as a niche news agency in an obscure Wall Street basement, Dow Jones has grown to be a worldwide news and information powerhouse, with prestigious brands including The Wall Street Journal, Dow Jones Newswires, Factiva, Barron's, MarketWatch and Financial News.
This longevity and success is due to a relentless pursuit of accuracy, depth and innovation, enhanced by the wisdom of past experience and a solid grasp on the future ahead. More than its individual brands, Dow Jones is a modern gateway to intelligence, with innovative technology, advanced data feeds, integrated solutions, expert research, award-winning journalism and customizable apps and delivery systems to bring the information that matters most to customers, when and where they need it, every day.
If you are a current employee at Dow Jones, do not apply here. Please go to the Career section on your Workday homepage and view "Find Jobs - Dow Jones." Thank you.
Req ID: 34966
We break stories, influence ideas, and advance business intelligence and cultural interest.
We expose the events that turn markets, the digital breakthroughs that transform art, the demand that drives invention, as well as the political and societal passing moments and lasting consequences.
We are the people of Dow Jones. From different fields, backgrounds and viewpoints we invite you to join us.
Examine the world and bring it to others.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert