Video Correspondent/Producer, The Wall Street Journal - NY
- Dow Jones
- New York, NY
- Pay Range: $40,000 - $160,000
- Closing date
- Mar 29, 2023
- Job Type
- Full Time
- Nationals, Finance
- Video Producer, Correspondent, Multimedia Journalist, TV & Video Production Editor
The Wall Street Journal is looking for an ambitious and enthusiastic video correspondent to join our video team and focus on the production of daily videos ranging from 90 seconds to seven minutes in length, balancing planned stories and breaking news coverage.
You will join an award winning video department that prioritizes the highest quality of production and journalism in their content. Deadline pressure is a constant in our newsroom, so an ability to react quickly is essential, as is the ability to add depth and context to a story while bringing challenging topics to life visually.
Those in this role are constantly up to date on the news of the day and are able to bring this expertise to our audience quickly with collaboration from other WSJ reporters and editors across a variety of coverage areas and bureaus. This is not an entry-level position and it is not a position producing documentaries. This is an on-camera position where you will be presenting video reports as a reporter. The ideal candidate must have prior on-camera experience, and a willingness to learn and process feedback.
This position will be based in our New York City office and will report to the Senior Executive Producer, News & Specials.
To apply, please submit your resume, a cover letter clearly outlining how your skills and experience meet or exceed the key requirements for this position, and links to five videos that represent your on-camera reporting experience. Candidates who do not submit a cover letter will not be considered.
- Report, produce and appear in daily videos ranging from 90 seconds to seven minutes in length that will focus on a range of topics, from planned stories to breaking news coverage.
- Collaborate with reporters, editors, video journalists, graphic artists and executive producers across our global newsroom to ensure the Journal's unbiased understanding of news and expert analysis is reflected in every video published.
- Research archival footage that meets the Journal's legal and ethical standards to be used in videos.
- Fact-check scripts and ensure all journalistic and legal standards are followed.
- Work late hours and weekends as part of a regular rotation and as breaking news events may warrant.
- Complete additional duties as assigned.
- At least two years of experience as an on-camera video correspondent or reporter.
- Professional experience writing scripts for news stories under tight time constraints.
- Clear communication skills with exceptional written and collaboration skills.
- Demonstrated experience producing compelling business, tech, politics and general news videos on deadline.
- Knowledge of current events, U.S. and international politics, economics, and a nose for news.
- Experience with video editing and related software, especifically Adobe Premiere and After Effects, are a plus.
The Journal's reporters, editors, developers, and audio and visual journalists create important and impactful stories, firmly rooted in fact and adhering to the highest ethical standards. We report without fear or bias, and we maintain a proper sense of perspective, detachment and objectivity in our reporting.
Dow Jones, Making Careers Newsworthy - All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. EEO/AA/M/F/Disabled/Vets. Dow Jones is committed to providing reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities, in our job application and/or interview process. If you need assistance or accommodation in completing your application, due to a disability, email us at email@example.com. Please put "Reasonable Accommodation" in the subject line.
Business Area: NEWS/WSJ
Job Category: News/Editorial Group
Pay Range: $40,000 - $160,000
We recognize that attracting the best talent is key to our strategy and success as a company. As a result, we aim for flexibility in structuring competitive compensation offers to ensure we are able to attract the best candidates. The quoted salary range represents our good faith estimate as to what our ideal candidates are likely to expect, and we tailor our offers within the range based on the selected candidate's experience, industry knowledge, location, technical and communication skills, and other factors that may prove relevant during the interview process.
Pay-for-performance is a key element in our strategy to attract, engage, and motivate talented people to do their best work. Similarly to salary, for bonus eligible roles, targets are set based on a variety of factors including competitive market practice.
For benefits eligible roles, in addition to cash compensation, the company provides a comprehensive and highly competitive benefits package, with a variety of physical health, retirement and savings, caregiving, emotional wellbeing, transportation, and other benefits, including "elective" benefits employees may select to best fit the needs and personal situations of our diverse workforce..
Since 1882, Dow Jones has been finding new ways to bring information to the world's top business entities. Beginning as a niche news agency in an obscure Wall Street basement, Dow Jones has grown to be a worldwide news and information powerhouse, with prestigious brands including The Wall Street Journal, Dow Jones Newswires, Factiva, Barron's, MarketWatch and Financial News.
This longevity and success is due to a relentless pursuit of accuracy, depth and innovation, enhanced by the wisdom of past experience and a solid grasp on the future ahead. More than its individual brands, Dow Jones is a modern gateway to intelligence, with innovative technology, advanced data feeds, integrated solutions, expert research, award-winning journalism and customizable apps and delivery systems to bring the information that matters most to customers, when and where they need it, every day.
If you are a current employee at Dow Jones, do not apply here. Please go to the Career section on your Workday homepage and view "Find Jobs - Dow Jones." Thank you.
Req ID: 28032
We break stories, influence ideas, and advance business intelligence and cultural interest.
We expose the events that turn markets, the digital breakthroughs that transform art, the demand that drives invention, as well as the political and societal passing moments and lasting consequences.
We are the people of Dow Jones. From different fields, backgrounds and viewpoints we invite you to join us.
Examine the world and bring it to others.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert