Content Information Specialist, Dow Jones - NY
- Dow Jones
- Princeton, NJ
- Closing date
- Apr 1, 2023
- Job Type
- Full Time
- Financial Journalist
Job Description:About Our Organization:
Dow Jones is a global news and business information provider, delivering content to consumers and organizations worldwide across multiple formats, including print, digital, mobile, and live events. Dow Jones has produced unrivaled quality content for more than 125 years and today has one of the world's most significant news-gathering operations globally. It produces leading publications and products, including the flagship Wall Street Journal, America's largest newspaper by paid circulation; Factiva, Barron's, MarketWatch, Financial News, Dow Jones Risk & Compliance, Dow Jones Newswires. Dow Jones is a division of News Corp (NASDAQ: NWS, NWSA; ASX: NWS, NWSLV).
About the Team:
Dow Jones powers businesses, governments, and financial institutions with award-winning journalism, in-depth content archiving and indexing, robust data sets, and flexible information tools. Whether you want to uncover market advantage, integrate data into a workflow, or manage risk, Dow Jones has a portfolio of solutions to meet your information needs.
About the Role:
Dow Jones is looking for a Content Information Specialist to join our Content team responsible for onboarding, ingesting, and managing content within Factiva products and services. The group ensures accurate delivery of content and distribution/sharing of information about our content to customers, publishers, and B2B colleagues.
As a Content Information Specialist, you will ensure the integrity of the Content Database, a repository of information about all Factiva sources, and the accuracy of source details. You will work with our colleagues in the Content, Content Licensing, Factiva Content, Technology, Product, Sales, Marketing, and Customer Service teams to promote our content as a strategic value for Dow Jones' customers.
You will report to the Content Information Manager.
- Enter or amend source details by a forms-based web interface to maintain the accuracy of a database of content information
- Verify source details entered by other teams to ensure the information transferred from publisher contracts to the database is accurate and contribute to the addition of sources to Factiva products
- Work with Content Licensing, Content Development, Content Operations, and Content Curation teams on adding new sources and regular maintenance of existing content sets.
- Provide ad-hoc source lists to colleagues from Customer Service, Sales, and other departments; offer guidance on building custom source lists; and review source lists for customers and prospects
- Produce content-focused collateral for external distribution, including monthly and annual updates
- 1+ years of analyzing and proofreading skills
- A reliable and responsible attitude
- Experience using online research tools
- Basic familiarity with the news publishing landscape
- An openness to different views and opinions and an appreciation for team diversity
- Additional Language skills
 Factiva is a professional research database providing access to aggregated global news and business information from approximately 33,000 sources in 29 languages from over 200 countries and territories.
- Comprehensive Insurance Plans
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Referral Program
- Subscription Discounts
- Fitness Reimbursement Program
- Paid Time Off
- Region Specific Benefits, as applicable
Dow Jones , Making Careers Newsworthy
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. EEO/AA/M/F/Disabled/Vets .
Dow Jones is committed to providing reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities, in our job application and/or interview process. If you need assistance or accommodation in completing your application, due to a disability, please reach out to us at TalentResourceTeam@dowjones.com. Please put "Reasonable Accommodation" in the subject line.
Business Area: PIB - DATA STRATEGY
Job Category: Data/Content Group
Non-Union / A clear and likely internal candidate
Since 1882, Dow Jones has been finding new ways to bring information to the world's top business entities. Beginning as a niche news agency in an obscure Wall Street basement, Dow Jones has grown to be a worldwide news and information powerhouse, with prestigious brands including The Wall Street Journal, Dow Jones Newswires, Factiva, Barron's, MarketWatch and Financial News.
This longevity and success is due to a relentless pursuit of accuracy, depth and innovation, enhanced by the wisdom of past experience and a solid grasp on the future ahead. More than its individual brands, Dow Jones is a modern gateway to intelligence, with innovative technology, advanced data feeds, integrated solutions, expert research, award-winning journalism and customizable apps and delivery systems to bring the information that matters most to customers, when and where they need it, every day.
If you are a current employee at Dow Jones, do not apply here. Please go to the Career section on your Workday homepage and view "Find Jobs - Dow Jones." Thank you.
Req ID: 34613
We break stories, influence ideas, and advance business intelligence and cultural interest.
We expose the events that turn markets, the digital breakthroughs that transform art, the demand that drives invention, as well as the political and societal passing moments and lasting consequences.
We are the people of Dow Jones. From different fields, backgrounds and viewpoints we invite you to join us.
Examine the world and bring it to others.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert