Head of Visuals & Design, Barron's - NY
- Dow Jones
- New York, NY
- Pay Range: $100,000 - $250,000
- Closing date
- Mar 22, 2023
- Job Type
- Full Time
- Trade Publication, Business, Finance
- Digital Designer, Graphic Artist, Multimedia Journalist
Head of Visuals & Design, Barron's
Barron's is seeking an experienced and forward-looking journalist to take on one of the most crucial jobs in the newsroom: Leading the visuals, design and photography departments. This person would be the head of an award-winning department rich in talent and experience, so we are seeking someone who grasps best management practices. Barron's strongly values teamwork, so the ability to collaborate easily with reporters, editors, and others in the newsroom is a must.
Responsibilities & Qualifications:
- Experience managing teams and understands how to communicate to direct reports, peers and others in the newsroom
- At least seven years working in design and at least three years working in a newsroom with editorial staff and content
- Strong vision for how Barron's content should be presented in all formats, including home page, story pages, social media platforms and a world-class weekly magazine
- Possess a keen visual instinct, deep digital experience, ability to brainstorm and communicate ideas effectively, excel on a deadline, and be always open to change, feedback and shifts in the news
- Affinity for financial and investment topics is a plus
- Proven ability to translate abstract topics into an engaging visual presentation in digital and print
- Experience producing content for a sophisticated audience
- Background in managing and hiring a team of design, graphics and other visual talent
- Deep connection to the visual media industry, including with photographers and illustrators
- Proficient in Adobe InDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop, and basic knowledge of HTML and CSS
- Comfortable working in a CMS, e.g., Wordpress
Dow Jones, Making Careers Newsworthy - All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. EEO/AA/M/F/Disabled/Vets. Dow Jones is committed to providing reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities, in our job application and/or interview process. If you need assistance or accommodation in completing your application, due to a disability, email us at email@example.com. Please put "Reasonable Accommodation" in the subject line.
Business Area: BG - BARRON'S
Job Category: Editorial/Journalism
Pay Range: $100,000 - $250,000
We recognize that attracting the best talent is key to our strategy and success as a company. As a result, we aim for flexibility in structuring competitive compensation offers to ensure we are able to attract the best candidates. The quoted salary range represents our good faith estimate as to what our ideal candidates are likely to expect, and we tailor our offers within the range based on the selected candidate's experience, industry knowledge, location, technical and communication skills, and other factors that may prove relevant during the interview process.
Pay-for-performance is a key element in our strategy to attract, engage, and motivate talented people to do their best work. Similarly to salary, for bonus eligible roles, targets are set based on a variety of factors including competitive market practice.
For benefits eligible roles, in addition to cash compensation, the company provides a comprehensive and highly competitive benefits package, with a variety of physical health, retirement and savings, caregiving, emotional wellbeing, transportation, and other benefits, including "elective" benefits employees may select to best fit the needs and personal situations of our diverse workforce..
Since 1882, Dow Jones has been finding new ways to bring information to the world's top business entities. Beginning as a niche news agency in an obscure Wall Street basement, Dow Jones has grown to be a worldwide news and information powerhouse, with prestigious brands including The Wall Street Journal, Dow Jones Newswires, Factiva, Barron's, MarketWatch and Financial News.
This longevity and success is due to a relentless pursuit of accuracy, depth and innovation, enhanced by the wisdom of past experience and a solid grasp on the future ahead. More than its individual brands, Dow Jones is a modern gateway to intelligence, with innovative technology, advanced data feeds, integrated solutions, expert research, award-winning journalism and customizable apps and delivery systems to bring the information that matters most to customers, when and where they need it, every day.
If you are a current employee at Dow Jones, do not apply here. Please go to the Career section on your Workday homepage and view "Find Jobs - Dow Jones." Thank you.
Req ID: 36697
We break stories, influence ideas, and advance business intelligence and cultural interest.
We expose the events that turn markets, the digital breakthroughs that transform art, the demand that drives invention, as well as the political and societal passing moments and lasting consequences.
We are the people of Dow Jones. From different fields, backgrounds and viewpoints we invite you to join us.
Examine the world and bring it to others.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert