- Immediate Media Co
- London - flexible/hybrid working
- Up to £27,000
- Closing date
- Mar 30, 2023
- Job Type
- Full Time
- Consumer Publication, Online, TV / Radio, Entertainment
Sub Editor, RadioTimes.com
London, England, United Kingdom
Immediate is the special interest content and platform company. Our fast-growing, multi-platform media business is home to more than 1,000 people across several business units, based in London, Bristol, Nottingham and Manchester. We focus on special interest markets, engaging with more than 75 million people globally each month, through world-class content, innovative new digital products and services and live events. Immediate Media was voted the UK’s Best Media Company to work for and 4th across all UK companies by Glassdoor in 2022.
About the role
We are looking for a digital-first, SEO-savvy Sub-Editor to join our exciting and innovative digital editorial business to oversee the publication of content across all sections of RadioTimes.com.
RadioTimes.com is Britain’s foremost TV and entertainment website offering the best TV recommendations, news, features, interviews, tech guides and companion journalism to tens of millions of users each month.
This role, which reports to the Production Editor, will be responsible for checking and publishing content live to the public on RadioTimes.com, escalating necessary checks to senior editorial staff and liaising with our journalists, editors, commerce teams and audience development.
As a Sub-Editor you will;
- Publish content on RadioTimes.com live to our audience
- Ensure all content is free from errors of fact, spelling and grammar
- Publish content that has been optimised for SEO, including headlines, metadata and links
- Make necessary checks and changes to articles to ensure that all output fits brand, legal and SEO standards
- Ensure specific content tagging systems and procedures have been correctly applied to all published content
- Publish content to RadioTimes.com’s social media platforms in a timely and accurate manner
Necessary to the role will be an exceptional attention to detail, a great understanding of current SEO best-practices, a comprehensive understanding of defamation and media law, an ability to work at a fast pace while upholding high standards and a good understanding of RadioTimes.com’s style, tone and values.
- Experience of working in an editing or production role on a reputable digital publication
- Impeccable attention to detail in spelling, grammar, and fact-checking
- Ability to work in a fast-paced publishing environment without sacrificing quality
- Experience of working with affiliate links and optimising editorial content for commerce
- Excellent understanding of media and defamation law
- Understanding of latest SEO best-practice for publishing online content
- Keen interest in TV, film and entertainment
- Experience of publishing content on social media platforms
- A relaxed working environment with regular socials including a summer festival
- Immediate Community webinars, well-being initiatives and Mental Health First aiders
- 25 days holiday plus a day for your birthday. Our offices will be closed between Christmas and New Year’s which are in addition to your annual entitlement
- Tailored training and development through our Love Learning platform
- A progressive and transparent culture with clear career progression
- Flexible / hybrid working plus early finish Fridays
- Cycle to work scheme
- Enhanced Family Policies including paternity, adoption and surrogacy leave. We also provide a pregnancy loss, fertility, and carers policy
- Competitive pension plans and Life Assurance
- A newly renovated modern office with lots of collaborative spaces
We pride ourselves on our open, collaborative, and dynamic culture. This encourages our people to thrive, and give their best whilst being supported, developed, and nurtured. As we care about our people, our environment, and the impact we make, we have an active Diversity & Inclusion network, comprehensive well-being programmes, and clear sustainability strategies.
Diversity, equity and inclusion are at the heart of all our values and leadership behaviours to ensure Immediate remains a place where everyone feels included and empowered;
We succeed together
We enjoy the ride
We are bold
We never settle
We get on with it
People are at the heart of our business and creating a diverse and inclusive working environment is extremely important to us. Immediate is an equal opportunities employer. We’ll never treat anyone less favourably because of their sex, gender reassignment, pregnancy and maternity, marital/civil partnerships, sexual orientation, race, nationality, ethnic origin, age, religion or belief or disability. We’re also committed to supporting applications from those who are returning to work following a career break, maternity leave or caring responsibilities.
We are building a significant, fast-growing, dynamic multi-platform consumer media business that delivers for its consumers, its commercial partners, its people and its shareholders.
We reach over 87 million consumers across multiple platforms and a range of specialist markets including Entertainment, Craft, Gardening, Food, Cycling and Science & History. In today’s rapidly changing landscape, investment in culture and people is an important differentiator. We invest in leadership, development and training to create a culture that allows us to be nimble, collaborative and high energy – so we can take advantage of the significant opportunities we see ahead.
Creativity, innovation and an entrepreneurial spirit define our culture, so working with us is stretching and rewarding. We’re a company that’s changing fast, and we’ve created a culture that encourages people to give their best and thrive.
- 020 7150 5000
44 Brook Green
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert