Position: Conference Editor
Term: Part Time / Project Based
Start Date: Flexible
Reports to: Managing Director
Who we are: Commercial Risk is owned by Rubicon Media Ltd, a specialist publishing and events company that provides essential information to corporate risk and insurance managers, insurance brokers, insurance carriers and the industry’s various service sectors, via our Commercial Risk platform.
Rubicon Media Ltd is a member of Beacon International Group, Ltd, publishers of Business Insurance, Commercial Risk, Asia Insurance Review, Middle East Insurance Review, WorkCompCentral and Insurance Advocate.
Our mission statement: We provide the latest risk and insurance market insight, bringing intelligence to decision makers in the international risk and insurance community. We are dedicated to bringing our readers clear, timely and to-the-point information on developments that really matter to them. We deliver business-critical news and analysis in the formats most suited to the needs of our audience.
Our brands: Commercial Risk is renowned for producing trusted and independent coverage on all matters related to insurance risk management to our international audiences primarily based in Europe, the US, Asia and Africa.
Commercial Risk Europe (CRE) is considered essential reading with content published in English and local European languages for risk and insurance managers working for large, multinational and upper middle market companies with an interest in Europe, and also their risk transfer partners.
Global Risk Manager (GRM) is the first truly global multimedia channel dedicated to the information needs of risk and insurance managers working for multinational companies across the globe and their risk transfer partners. Global Risk Manager provides clear perspectives on the challenges they face and the multinational and specialty products and services available that will enable them to effectively manage their global programmes.
Our Conferences: We organise and host 4 - 5 conferences per year. Our events are regarded as premier meetings within our industry delivering insightful content and excellent networking experiences.
Conference Editor Position Description
Commercial Risk is seeking a dynamic editor to develop a curated suite of content rich programmes for our conferences. Working in consultation and collaboration with other members of the Commercial Risk team, the Conference Editor is responsible for ensuring each event features a diverse mix of premier industry speakers and sessions that provide rich content and interactive discussion. Sessions will include keynotes, case studies, workshops and industry panels. The Conference Editor will also work closely with industry/commercial partners to develop sessions that align with each partner’s key goals.
This is a content editing and programming role and not an event operation role. The candidate will work closely with colleagues in the events team along with editorial staff, business development and advisory committees to develop and implement compelling agendas for senior executives and professional advisors.
The ideal candidate will have extensive knowledge and passion for B2B conference editing or B2B journalism. Personal attributes should include high-level creative thinking to bring innovative ideas to programme development, excellent written and verbal communication skills, the ability to think laterally, take initiative and apply logic and problem-solving skills to programme delivery. They will be highly organised and efficient and have the ability to multi-task and work collaboratively with the team in a pressured environment with strict deadlines.
- Under the direction of the Managing Director develop and deliver a series of world-class conference programmes adhering to the 2023 Conference Programming plan
- Conduct market research, devise and create the conference overview that can be used to market the event to commercial partners, delegates and speakers
- Work closely with the event management and business development teams to provide market intelligence, leads, and other useful information on all events within the portfolio to help achieve agreed revenue targets for each event
- Create the conference programme with a diverse mix of sessions and allocate session time slots
- Secure high-calibre, quality speakers and content creators, guests, industry leaders and decision-makers in the industry
- Work closely with the conference industry/commercial partners to develop sessions and appoint speakers
- Organise and moderate pre event speaker conference calls involving the speakers and the individual session host
- Prepare and supply all speakers and the individual session host with a final brief
- Attend the conference and work with the event logistics team to ensure that all speakers are present, prepared and fully briefed prior to their respective session
- Facilitate research, validate and recommend new event ideas to grow and develop the portfolio further
For enquiries contact: Stewart Brown, Managing Director: email@example.com