Job Description:About Our Organization:
Dow Jones is a global news and business information provider, delivering content to consumers and organizations worldwide across multiple formats, including print, digital, mobile, and live events. Dow Jones has produced unrivaled quality content for more than 125 years and today has one of the world's most significant news-gathering operations globally. It produces leading publications and products, including the flagship Wall Street Journal, America's largest newspaper by paid circulation; Factiva, Barron's, MarketWatch, Financial News, Dow Jones Risk & Compliance, Dow Jones Newswires. Dow Jones is a division of News Corp (NASDAQ: NWS, NWSA; ASX: NWS, NWSLV).
About the Team:
Dow Jones powers businesses, governments, and financial institutions with award-winning journalism, in-depth content archiving and indexing, robust data sets, and flexible information tools. Whether you want to uncover market advantage, integrate data into a workflow, or manage risk, Dow Jones has a portfolio of solutions to meet your information needs.
About the Role:
Dow Jones Risk & Compliance is a global provider of third-party risk management and regulatory compliance solutions. We deliver data, research tools, and services to help our clients meet anti-money laundering, anti-bribery, anti-corruption, and economic sanctions regulations and mitigate third-party risk.
You will join a team of multilingual experts who research, record, and update details on individuals and entities mentioned in Sanctions and Other Official Lists (Special Lists) issued by government bodies and regulators around the world, for example, the Office of Foreign Assets Control in the US, national law enforcement bodies or securities regulators. You will report to the Manager, Sanctions, and Other Official Lists. You will be based in Princeton.
You will report to the Sanctions and Other Official Lists Manager in Data Strategy.
- Maintain profiles of individuals and entities mentioned in Sanctions and Other Official Lists (Special Lists) and quality check their information by managing and analyzing relevant publicly available sources and data on Dow Jones-owned products and directories
- Research and extract relevant data following team guidelines
- Ensure that profiles are complete, accurate, and up-to-date
- Respond in writing to clients' questions about Special Lists content
- Monitor changes in sanctions, counter-terrorism financing, and anti-money laundering regulations
- Write due diligence reports on companies and/or individuals and contribute to other projects
- Contribute to workflow improvements and tool efficiencies
- Working Tuesday to Saturday
- Fluency in English and additional languages are desirable
- 2+ years of excellent research, analytical, and writing skills
- Proofreading experience handling large volumes of information
- Solve issues
- A reliable and responsible attitude
- An openness to different views and appreciation of team diversity
- Meet deadlines
- Knowledge of the workings of the global Sanctions landscape
- Automation skills, such as the experience of Excel, Macros/VBA programming, Python, HTML, and/or SQL
- Education to a degree level or relevant experience
- Comprehensive Healthcare Plans
- Paid Time Off
- Retirement Plans
- Comprehensive Insurance Plans
- Education Benefits
- Family Care Benefits
- Commuter Transit Program
- Subscription Discounts
- Employee Referral Program
Dow Jones , Making Careers Newsworthy
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. EEO/AA/M/F/Disabled/Vets .
Dow Jones is committed to providing reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities, in our job application and/or interview process. If you need assistance or accommodation in completing your application, due to a disability, please reach out to us at TalentResourceTeam@dowjones.com. Please put "Reasonable Accommodation" in the subject line.
Business Area: PIB - DATA STRATEGY
Job Category: Data/Content Group
Since 1882, Dow Jones has been finding new ways to bring information to the world's top business entities. Beginning as a niche news agency in an obscure Wall Street basement, Dow Jones has grown to be a worldwide news and information powerhouse, with prestigious brands including The Wall Street Journal, Dow Jones Newswires, Factiva, Barron's, MarketWatch and Financial News.
This longevity and success is due to a relentless pursuit of accuracy, depth and innovation, enhanced by the wisdom of past experience and a solid grasp on the future ahead. More than its individual brands, Dow Jones is a modern gateway to intelligence, with innovative technology, advanced data feeds, integrated solutions, expert research, award-winning journalism and customizable apps and delivery systems to bring the information that matters most to customers, when and where they need it, every day.
If you are a current employee at Dow Jones, do not apply here. Please go to the Career section on your Workday homepage and view "Find Jobs - Dow Jones." Thank you.
Req ID: 35602