OPIS, a Dow Jones Company, is a thriving energy pricing, news and software provider. We provide transparency through educational courses, software tools, real-time news and pricing services, and market-specific benchmark pricing reports that enable our customers to make smarter, more informed decisions. You will work for a company that is customer-focused and your work will benefit our customers from just about your first day on the job. We offer competitive salaries; a full benefits package, and an opportunity to grow both your salary and responsibilities while utilizing the latest technologies.
The OPIS Market Editor will be responsible for collecting and analyzing trade information to assess a daily pricing index for the North American natural gas liquids physical spot markets. The position requires reporting on natural gas liquids trading and fundamentals as well as creating alerts relevant to the industry.
- Accumulate spot market price transactions from industry participants via email, instant messaging and by phone. Verify the legitimacy of the transactions, and adhere to OPIS methodology to create daily price assessments.
- Create breaking and feature news alerts pertaining to the North American natural gas liquids markets.
- Contribute to social media content, blog postings, industry analysis, and publish OPIS reports.
- Help support upgrades to OPIS publications.
- Attend or host industry conferences.
- Participate in team staff meetings.
- Network and source build in the North American natural gas liquids industry.
- Engage in pricing methodology creation.
- Undergraduate degree in Journalism, English, Finance, or Business or any relevant degree.
- Minimum 2 - 4 years of journalism experience.
- Able to meet tight deadlines.
- Must be detail oriented.
- Must be comfortable working with computers and spreadsheets.
- Must be available to travel.
- 1 - 3 years energy market pricing and reporting.
- Experience in energy data analysis.
- Experience in pricing methodology creation.
- Proficient in public speaking.
- Experience in daily publication.
- Experience in news and content creation strategies.
- Experience using data science and data visualization tools.
- Bilingual: English and Spanish.
- Self-motivated, business-minded, and results driven.
- Innovative thinking about problem solving.
- Confident and charismatic in engagement and communication.
Dow Jones , Making Careers Newsworthy
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. EEO/AA/M/F/Disabled/Vets .
Dow Jones is committed to providing reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities, in our job application and/or interview process. If you need assistance or accommodation in completing your application, due to a disability, please reach out to us at TalentResourceTeam@dowjones.com. Please put "Reasonable Accommodation" in the subject line.
Business Area: OPIS
Job Category: News/Editorial Group
NYC Pay Range: $50,000 - $180,000
We recognize that attracting the best talent is key to our strategy and success as a company. As a result, we aim for flexibility in structuring competitive compensation offers to ensure we are able to attract the best candidates. The quoted salary range represents our good faith estimate as to what our ideal candidates are likely to expect, and we tailor our offers within the range based on the selected candidate's experience, industry knowledge, location, technical and communication skills, and other factors that may prove relevant during the interview process.
Pay-for-performance is a key element in our strategy to attract, engage, and motivate talented people to do their best work. Similarly to salary, for bonus eligible roles, targets are set based on a variety of factors including competitive market practice.
For benefits eligible roles, in addition to cash compensation, the company provides a comprehensive and highly competitive benefits package, with a variety of physical health, retirement and savings, caregiving, emotional wellbeing, transportation, and other benefits, including "elective" benefits employees may select to best fit the needs and personal situations of our diverse workforce.
Since 1882, Dow Jones has been finding new ways to bring information to the world's top business entities. Beginning as a niche news agency in an obscure Wall Street basement, Dow Jones has grown to be a worldwide news and information powerhouse, with prestigious brands including The Wall Street Journal, Dow Jones Newswires, Factiva, Barron's, MarketWatch and Financial News.
This longevity and success is due to a relentless pursuit of accuracy, depth and innovation, enhanced by the wisdom of past experience and a solid grasp on the future ahead. More than its individual brands, Dow Jones is a modern gateway to intelligence, with innovative technology, advanced data feeds, integrated solutions, expert research, award-winning journalism and customizable apps and delivery systems to bring the information that matters most to customers, when and where they need it, every day.
If you are a current employee at Dow Jones, do not apply here. Please go to the Career section on your Workday homepage and view "Find Jobs - Dow Jones." Thank you.
Req ID: 35679