Job Description:About Our Organization:
Dow Jones is a global news and business information provider, delivering content to consumers and organizations worldwide across multiple formats, including print, digital, mobile, and live events. Dow Jones has produced unrivaled quality content for more than 125 years and today has one of the world's most significant news-gathering operations globally. It produces leading publications and products, including the flagship Wall Street Journal, America's largest newspaper by paid circulation; Factiva, Barron's, MarketWatch, Financial News, Dow Jones Risk & Compliance, Dow Jones Newswires. Dow Jones is a division of News Corp (NASDAQ: NWS, NWSA; ASX: NWS, NWSLV).
About the Team:
Dow Jones powers businesses, governments, and financial institutions with award-winning journalism, in-depth content archiving and indexing, robust data sets, and flexible information tools. Whether you want to uncover market advantage, integrate data into a workflow, or manage risk, Dow Jones has a portfolio of solutions to meet your information needs.
About the Role:
Dow Jones is looking for a Research Editor to join our Due Diligence team responsible for creating high-quality reports on companies and/or individuals using a combination of publicly-available sources and proprietary databases. As a Research Editor, you will ensure reports and other projects meet client requirements regarding accuracy and timeliness by following Dow Jones quality standards. You will contribute to creating and testing guidelines, data, and tools to support the team in producing the highest quality data possible. According to their knowledge, you may also be called to assist other data strategy teams with special projects. You will report to the Manager of Due Diligence Research.
- Ensure reports are timely, complete, and accurate
- Summarize complex information from another language into English
- Compile and summarize data from multiple sources and ensure it is clear
- Perform testing of a new system and product functionality
- Support training of future members of staff
- Contribute to both team and product-initiated projects
- 2+ years of excellent research, analytical, and writing skills
- Fluency in English and at least one of the following: Portuguese, French, German, Hebrew, Dutch, Nordic languages, Russian, Arabic
- Knowledge of and interest in international affairs and politics
- Research skills, including online search tools
- An openness to different views and opinions and an appreciation for team diversity
- Previous experience in the field of Due Diligence
- Specialist legal, business, or financial knowledge
- Comprehensive Healthcare Plans
- Paid Time Off
- Retirement Plans
- Comprehensive Insurance Plans
- Education Benefits
- Family Care Benefits
- Commuter Transit Program
- Subscription Discounts
- Employee Referral Program
Dow Jones , Making Careers Newsworthy
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. EEO/AA/M/F/Disabled/Vets .
Dow Jones is committed to providing reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities, in our job application and/or interview process. If you need assistance or accommodation in completing your application, due to a disability, please reach out to us at TalentResourceTeam@dowjones.com. Please put "Reasonable Accommodation" in the subject line.
Business Area: PIB - DATA STRATEGY
Job Category: Data/Content Group
Since 1882, Dow Jones has been finding new ways to bring information to the world's top business entities. Beginning as a niche news agency in an obscure Wall Street basement, Dow Jones has grown to be a worldwide news and information powerhouse, with prestigious brands including The Wall Street Journal, Dow Jones Newswires, Factiva, Barron's, MarketWatch and Financial News.
This longevity and success is due to a relentless pursuit of accuracy, depth and innovation, enhanced by the wisdom of past experience and a solid grasp on the future ahead. More than its individual brands, Dow Jones is a modern gateway to intelligence, with innovative technology, advanced data feeds, integrated solutions, expert research, award-winning journalism and customizable apps and delivery systems to bring the information that matters most to customers, when and where they need it, every day.
If you are a current employee at Dow Jones, do not apply here. Please go to the Career section on your Workday homepage and view "Find Jobs - Dow Jones." Thank you.
Req ID: 33859