- Accumulate spot market price transactions from industry participants via email, instant messaging and by phone. Verify the legitimacy of the transactions and adhere to OPIS pricing methodology to create daily price assessments.
- Developing and maintaining rapport with key contacts and liaising on a daily basis with industry stakeholders (Producers, Consumers, Traders, Brokers and other participants) to collect bids, offers, and spot deals.
- Generating stories for real-time new service as well as longer, more analytical content focusing on industry trends and emerging issues, adhering to strict deadlines.
- Contribute to social media content, blog postings, industry analysis, and contribute to, compile, and publish OPIS reports.
- Give market presentations at client meetings as well as at industry conferences.
- Developing new contacts and relationships within refined products markets, attending industry events, and reaching out to market participants to further develop OPIS' refined spot market business.
Skills and Experience
- A minimum of a bachelor's degree in journalism, communications, economics, business, finance, English or relevant field.
- Demonstrated goal-oriented collaboration skills, with strong diplomatic and problem-solving ability.
- A minimum of 5 years of prior experience with energy markets and/or professional reporting or in an analyst role.
- A basic understanding of commodity markets.
- Experience using data science and data visualization tools.
- Must be computer literate, conversant with the use of Microsoft Suite and Google Workspace.
- A commitment to the highest level of accuracy and completing all writing within established deadlines.
- Detail-oriented, with solid grasp of math fundamentals and spreadsheet formulas.
- Ability to translate technical materials into content that engages and instructs readers.
- Proven ability to generate story ideas and exclusive content.
- Ability to work in a highly collaborative environment.
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to juggle multiple deadlines.
- The candidate must be willing to travel within the Americas and as necessary to other regions.
- Prior experience covering energy markets.
- Written and spoken Spanish.
- A practical network of established industry contacts.
- Experience of public speaking to small and large groups is an advantage.
- Must be highly motivated able to work with minimum supervision and be able to work effectively and efficiently within a flexible team environment.
Dow Jones , Making Careers Newsworthy
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. EEO/AA/M/F/Disabled/Vets .
Dow Jones is committed to providing reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities, in our job application and/or interview process. If you need assistance or accommodation in completing your application, due to a disability, please reach out to us at TalentResourceTeam@dowjones.com. Please put "Reasonable Accommodation" in the subject line.
To enter one of our US based offices: Any offer of employment is contingent on providing proof of Covid-19 vaccination prior to your start date, subject to approved medical and/or religious exemptions, in accordance with applicable law.
Business Area: OPIS
Job Category: News/Editorial Group
NYC Pay Range: $50,000 - $180,000
We recognize that attracting the best talent is key to our strategy and success as a company. As a result, we aim for flexibility in structuring competitive compensation offers to ensure we are able to attract the best candidates. The quoted salary range represents our good faith estimate as to what our ideal candidates are likely to expect, and we tailor our offers within the range based on the selected candidate's experience, industry knowledge, location, technical and communication skills, and other factors that may prove relevant during the interview process.
Pay-for-performance is a key element in our strategy to attract, engage, and motivate talented people to do their best work. Similarly to salary, for bonus eligible roles, targets are set based on a variety of factors including competitive market practice.
For benefits eligible roles, in addition to cash compensation, the company provides a comprehensive and highly competitive benefits package, with a variety of physical health, retirement and savings, caregiving, emotional wellbeing, transportation, and other benefits, including "elective" benefits employees may select to best fit the needs and personal situations of our diverse workforce.
Since 1882, Dow Jones has been finding new ways to bring information to the world's top business entities. Beginning as a niche news agency in an obscure Wall Street basement, Dow Jones has grown to be a worldwide news and information powerhouse, with prestigious brands including The Wall Street Journal, Dow Jones Newswires, Factiva, Barron's, MarketWatch and Financial News.
This longevity and success is due to a relentless pursuit of accuracy, depth and innovation, enhanced by the wisdom of past experience and a solid grasp on the future ahead. More than its individual brands, Dow Jones is a modern gateway to intelligence, with innovative technology, advanced data feeds, integrated solutions, expert research, award-winning journalism and customizable apps and delivery systems to bring the information that matters most to customers, when and where they need it, every day.
If you are a current employee at Dow Jones, do not apply here. Please go to the Career section on your Workday homepage and view "Find Jobs - Dow Jones." Thank you.
Req ID: 34903