Deputy Production Editor
Locations: Homebased - UK
The retail team at Ascential have a mission to future-proof and grow the footprint of the most influential retailers for the good of our economy, society and the planet. We deliver the insights to inspire, the data to guide and the confidence to act, through a suite of world-class products.
Retail Week is the market leading source of premium business intelligence, trusted and relied upon by retail’s decision makers, influencers and specifiers. Our strategic advice helps retailers understand how to act now to optimise their operations and connect with the right partners to win in this new consumer age.
Alongside our digital offerings, we provide unrivalled opportunities for senior retailers to learn, share insight, form powerful connections and shape the future of retail through our curated events. A series of bespoke events, and our flagship subscriber event Retail Week Live serve our UK market and World Retail Congress is our global platform that helps retailers around the world collaborate to drive progress within their industry.
- Ensuring the content presentation meets Retail Week's standards for quality and accuracy, as well as house style
- Fast, accurate copy editing of articles for online publication
- Sending daily subscriber newsletters – experience of using newsletter sending platforms (eg: Marketo) welcome
- Ensuring the content team meet deadlines to enable consistent and smooth output to subscribers
- Planning ahead to ensure sufficient production capacity, booking freelance subeditors and designers as required, assigning work to freelancers
- This role can be hybrid, in a UK-friendly timezone
This list is not exhaustive and there may be other activities you are required to deliver.
Skills, experience & qualifications required:
- At least three years of experience in a digital subbing role in a fast-paced environment
- Strong command of the English language
- Content management system experience (ideally Webvision)
- Understanding of SEO and optimising content for online
- Attention to detail and willingness to be creative
- Able to manage own workload and work to deadlines
- Can communicate effectively and confidently with editors, writers and other departments
- A passion for digital content presentation and user experience
- Knowledge of media law
Ascential’s supporting beliefs
- Focus: we ruthlessly prioritise and always keep things simple
- All in: once we commit we deliver, with a clear focus on outcome
- Trustworthiness, transparency & openness: transparency inspires trust & empowers
- Be creative: we are smart, pro-active innovators
- Facts: we always use data & insight to inform our work
- Empathy: we can be relied upon for fairness and consideration
- No silos: one team, one face, one reputation
At Ascential, our goal is to create a culture where individuals of all backgrounds feel comfortable in bringing their authentic selves to work. We want all Ascential people to feel included and truly empowered to contribute fully to our vision and goals.
Everyone who applies will receive fair consideration for employment. We do not discriminate based upon race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, marital status, gender identity, national origin, disability, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
If you have any accessibility requirements that would make you more comfortable during the application and interview process, please let us know so that we can support you.
For more information on our culture, visit Ascential.com