The Wall Street Journal is seeking an experienced energy policy reporter to join its bureau in Washington, D.C.
You will cover White House energy policy, Congressional legislation, rule-making by government agencies and the nation's transition to clean energy even as it remains dependent on fossil fuels. You will also cover behind-the-scenes lobbying by industry and advocacy groups.
- Monitor the energy industry and related action by the White House, administration agencies and Congress.
- Develop and deliver first-rate enterprise stories, often centered around industry and government data sources.
- Work in a collegial manner since the job will often involve teaming up with the Journal's expansive roster of excellent journalists across the U.S. and the world.
- A keen understanding of energy policy and challenges faced by the industry.
- A knowledge of the key players in Washington.
- Experience reporting and writing fast-paced, breaking news, as well as the ability to land scoops.
The position will be based in Washington, D.C. and report to Washington Business bureau chief John Corrigan.
To apply, please submit a resume, a cover letter explaining how you would approach the job and at least five clips. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you have questions.
The Journal's reporters, editors, developers, and audio and visual journalists create important and impactful stories, firmly rooted in fact and adhering to the highest ethical standards. We report without fear or bias, and we maintain a proper sense of perspective, detachment and objectivity in our reporting.
Dow Jones , Making Careers Newsworthy
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. EEO/AA/M/F/Disabled/Vets .
Dow Jones is committed to providing reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities, in our job application and/or interview process. If you need assistance or accommodation in completing your application, due to a disability, please reach out to us at TalentResourceTeam@dowjones.com. Please put "Reasonable Accommodation" in the subject line.
To enter one of our US based offices: Any offer of employment is contingent on providing proof of Covid-19 vaccination prior to your start date, subject to approved medical and/or religious exemptions, in accordance with applicable law.
Business Area: NEWS/WSJ
Job Category: News/Editorial Group
Req ID: 35581