The Wall Street Journal's WSJ. Magazine is looking for a Fashion Market Editor to help cover the Men's markets, write fashion stories and represent the magazine on appointments and at industry events.
WSJ. Magazine is a luxury lifestyle publication focused on tastemakers in the worlds of fashion, business and culture, as well as travel destinations and food trends.
The ideal candidate will be expected to assist in conceptualizing and curating fashion and accessory trends each season to ensure the magazine is consistently on the pulse of what's new.
This position will be based in our New York office and report to the Fashion Market/Accessories Director.
To apply, please submit a résumé and a cover letter outlining how you meet or exceed the job requirements.
- Support the executive fashion editor with men's markets as delegated.
- Build and maintain relationships with in house and agency PR representatives.
- Edit and request extra men's RTW and accessories for photo shoots.
- Shadow executive fashion editor in creation of FOB men's trendlets and groupings (request high res and credits).
- Attend men's market appointments and shows as needed.
- Research and scout new and emerging brands.
- Write SEO text and display copy as needed.
- Minimum of 4 years working for a fashion magazine in a senior capacity.
- Interest in and passion for luxury magazine content.
- Strong organizational skills, attention to detail and the ability to manage high-volume of tasks efficiently.
- Problem-solving skills.
The Journal's reporters, editors, developers, and audio and visual journalists create important and impactful stories, firmly rooted in fact and adhering to the highest ethical standards. We report without fear or bias, and we maintain a proper sense of perspective, detachment and objectivity in our reporting.
Dow Jones , Making Careers Newsworthy
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. EEO/AA/M/F/Disabled/Vets .
Dow Jones is committed to providing reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities, in our job application and/or interview process. If you need assistance or accommodation in completing your application, due to a disability, please reach out to us at TalentResourceTeam@dowjones.com. Please put "Reasonable Accommodation" in the subject line.
To enter one of our US based offices: Any offer of employment is contingent on providing proof of Covid-19 vaccination prior to your start date, subject to approved medical and/or religious exemptions, in accordance with applicable law.
Business Area: NEWS/WSJ
Job Category: News/Editorial Group
Req ID: 35154