MarketWatch seeks a social-media editor to help make our coverage more engaging and impactful to readers. That mandate includes, among other things, rethinking our approach to social media, developing content that lives at the intersection of money and the zeitgeist, finding innovative ways to tell stories with video and graphics and developing content strategies across new platforms.
The candidate will work closely with a team of reporters, designers and social-media editors, coordinating coverage across every section of the site. And have a passion for social storytelling and ensure that breaking news, features and exclusives are delivered effectively across social channels while aiming to amplify these stories in novel ways.
The ideal candidate will have editing and storytelling experience in digital news, possess fantastic news judgment, the ability to spot the angle that resonates with MarketWatch's audience the most, and an understanding of how to best explain markets and personal finance news via video and infographics.
We seek someone with 3-5 years of experience as a social media editor or journalist who has a broad knowledge of social-media platforms, with a particular focus on TikTok and Instagram, and a knack for finding ways to optimize content off-platform.
Essential Job Functions:
- Execute MarketWatch's core social-media strategy.
- Work with the social-media team to handle all duties associated with the day-to-day publishing of MarketWatch content off-platform, including Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and Instagram.
- Write and edit social-media posts with the utmost deference to our journalism, ensuring accuracy and clarity above all else.
- Experiment with emerging platforms and regularly collaborate with our graphics and video editors on packages, including Instagram Stories, Reels and TikTok.
- Maintain the MarketWatch voice in headlines and share text, applying audience insights across platforms.
- Resurface social-media posts using an analytics-based approach.
- Coordinate with stakeholders across the newsroom to optimize content across the platforms where we publish.
- Attend coverage planning meetings and identify stories with new audience development potential.
- Experience with a social-media focus in a newsroom.
- Superb news judgment and a clear understanding of MarketWatch's publishing standards
Dow Jones , Making Careers Newsworthy
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. EEO/AA/M/F/Disabled/Vets .
Dow Jones is committed to providing reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities, in our job application and/or interview process. If you need assistance or accommodation in completing your application, due to a disability, please reach out to us at TalentResourceTeam@dowjones.com. Please put "Reasonable Accommodation" in the subject line.
To enter one of our US based offices: Any offer of employment is contingent on providing proof of Covid-19 vaccination prior to your start date, subject to approved medical and/or religious exemptions, in accordance with applicable law.
Business Area: BG - MARKETWATCH
Job Category: News/Editorial Group
Union / No clear and likely Internal Candidate (Employee Only) has been identified
Req ID: 34866