Data Transformation Analyst I/Customer Support Associate - OPIS Retail
Rockville, MD (Open to Remote - U.S.)
Are you an analytical thinker with a high level of attention to detail? Do you enjoy problem solving, data research, and helping customers with complex business solutions?
We're looking for a Data Transformation Analyst/Customer Support Associate within the OPIS Retail Fuels Division. In this hybrid role, you will:
- Maintain the data quality for retail fuels pricing, station, and amenities data across North America and Australia, eventually expanding globally.
- Run quality control processes to correct or eliminate incorrect or invalid data points according to OPIS methodology.
- Assist the retail business development and product development teams in data reliability goals.
- Provide sales support by creating historical data files, setting prospective clients up on trials of our services, and answering questions regarding data methodology and data quality.
- Continue the OPIS legacy of providing the highest-quality customer support in the industry.
We're OPIS, a Dow Jones company. In this role, you will be joining the OPIS Retail Data Quality Team primarily located in the United States, with remote workers globally. This team of 10 direct colleagues and many secondary colleagues is part of a high-growth division that manages the quality of retail fuel pricing and station data. OPIS Retail team members work with fuel retailers and convenience store operators to provide data and analytics that help them optimize their business operations and run more profitably and efficiently.
You'll also work with other industries that utilize OPIS data, such as connected cars and mobile app/web clients who display OPIS real-time retail fuel prices and station information directly to consumers. And in a world where the reliance on fossil fuels is slowly diminishing as we look for cleaner and more sustainable energy options, OPIS is diversifying and future-proofing our business by expanding into clean energy, alternative fuels, and data and analytics for electric vehicles, while still providing world class data and products for the energy that moves us today.
- A bachelor's degree. Business, Data Analytics, and Mathematics degrees are a strong fit for this role.
- 1-2 years of prior experience with data management and/or customer service.
- Fluency in English, both written and oral, with other language skills desirable based on our global customer base.
- Knowledge in data visualization/analytics tools such as Power BI or Tableu and a fluency in all MS Office applications, with advanced Excel expertise a priority. Proficiency in SQL Server Management Studio, R, or Python is a plus, but not required.
- Organized with strong problem-solving skills, including the ability to manage multiple tasks and deadlines simultaneously in a fast-paced environment.
- A self-motivated individual who is able to work effectively and collaboratively with all co-workers, while also completing projects independently.
- Strong with data analytics, able to transform and analyze data to find insights and to create solutions that help automate improvements in our data quality.
- Driven by the desire to help others succeed, delivering the highest levels of customer service and professionalism.
9:30am - 6:30pm Eastern Time (UTC -5)
Dow Jones , Making Careers Newsworthy
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. EEO/AA/M/F/Disabled/Vets .
Dow Jones is committed to providing reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities, in our job application and/or interview process. If you need assistance or accommodation in completing your application, due to a disability, please reach out to us at TalentResourceTeam@dowjones.com. Please put "Reasonable Accommodation" in the subject line.
Business Area: OPIS
Job Category: IT Development Group
Non-Union / No clear and likely Internal Candidate (Employee Only) has been identified
Req ID: 33748