Chief/Senior Production Editor, Digital, South China Morning Post - Hong Kong
- South China Morning Post
- Causeway Bay, Hong Kong
- Closing date
- Sep 4, 2022
- Job Type
- Full Time
- Nationals, News
- Production, Senior Editor, Digital Journalist, Production Editor
Purpose of the position:
As the senior Hong Kong-based member of the digital production team, you’ll bring ideas and best practices from your experience to daily content flow and digital platforms, guiding and helping the team’s younger members grow.
About the Team:
SCMP’s Editorial digital team optimises and distributes the newsroom’s journalism online, handling platforms from mobile app to social media, and managing tone and quality.
In this role, you will:
- Manage digital content flow with well-honed instincts for audience appetites
- Use data and analytics to make informed content decisions
- Monitor content quality, and edit as required
- Rewrite headlines quickly, accurately and with flair, adhering to SCMP style
- Schedule and target content to key markets via the SCMP digital product suite
- Identify and implement new content initiatives and platforms
Skills and Experience that will lead to success:
- Minimum 10 years of digital editing experience in English and a background in journalism
- Direct experience working in digital teams of news publications, and managing news homepages, a major plus
- Solid news judgement and ability to maintain accuracy in a fast-paced environment while multitasking
- Knowledge of China and wider Asia news an advantage, as well as knowledge of global affairs
- Knowledge of SEO best practices, performance analytics tools and social media
- Excellent written and spoken English required; knowledge of Chinese is a plus
Work location will be at Causeway Bay office.
South China Morning Post Publishers Ltd is one of Asia’s most dynamic and forward looking media organizations and provides a variety of career options to cater for different specialties and areas of interest.
We believe that our talented staff are the most important asset and we’re looking for the best people to join our team.
Whether you are just starting out or looking for more demanding challenges, we can help you realise your vision as part of our future. We want passionate, dedicated individuals who are invigorated by the demands of a highly fast moving, ever-changing and exciting industry.
Morning Post Centre
22 Dai Fat Street
Tai Po Industrial Estate
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert