The Grocer, Digital & Social Assistant
Who we are
We are William Reed.
We are the leading expert in the global Food & Drink industry.
From manufacturing through to retail and hospitality – we provide the inspiration, insight and connections to power our customers’ success.
Our specialists are deeply engaged in their markets and are recognised as the most trusted professionals in their field.
For 160 years, our diverse portfolio of trusted brands has delivered the information our clients need, reaching audiences through outstanding digital media, insights, prestigious awards, innovative exhibitions, events and print.
Fulfilling our role in the 21st century has meant harnessing digital channels to deliver insightful journalism and high-value data to businesses the world over. Guided by our Mission & Values, our Group’s activities now include category defining digital and print media, innovative business events and conferences, prestigious awards and informative conferences. We offer compelling research and powerful insights to our customers as well as providing recruitment and e-learning solutions within our core markets.
The Grocer is looking for a Digital & Social Assistant to support the Digital & Social Editor and the wider editorial team in showcasing the best of thegrocer.co.uk, engaging our huge and passionate audience and helping to manage our vibrant social media channels.
The Grocer is the UK’s biggest and most interesting B2B brand, with a multi-award-winning team of journalists and editors covering everything from the cost of living crisis, to consumer and shopping trends; from new product development, to food waste; from online shopping, to advertising.
And our website is at the epicentre of The Grocer’s multi-media operations, linking in with a weekly magazine, multiple newsletters, as well as webinars, awards, conferences and other activities.
The successful applicant for this role will also be joining at an exciting time, with traffic soaring, and subscriptions at record levels. Indeed we’ve recently expanded the editorial team again to support the development of new digital output.
What you’ll be doing day-to-day:
In this role we want you to:
· Make our content sing by thoughtfully laying out features, analyses and opinion pieces on our website and tagging them so they’re easy for our readers to find
· Work with the Digital & Social Editor to create round-up articles that catch the eyes of our audience like All the new barbecue products launching this summer or 11 meal kits to try at home this Valentine’s Day.
· Expand our reach by sharing breaking news, exciting new products and helpful explainers to our 177k followers on social media
· Keep our audience informed by building and sending daily newsletters
· Other relevant duties to support the Digital & Social Editor
A great candidate will have a mix of these skills, experiences and qualities:
· Experience of working behind the scenes on a website for a publishing company, brand content team or blog
· Experience producing online articles or other online content for a publishing company, brand content team or blog
· Ability to use Instagram, LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter and other social media channels with confidence, while always keeping an eye out for algorithm changes and other developments
· Tech-literate and comfortable working on a CMS
· Patient and detail oriented
· A keen interest in food and drink
We provide a supportive work environment and are committed to maintaining a healthy work/life balance for all of our employees. Working for William Reed means that you will be joining a stable organisation that is committed to developing its employees and brands.
We have offices in Gatwick and London, UK; Montpellier, France; Singapore and Chicago, US. In line with the Company’s current Agile Working Policy, the successful candidate would be eligible to work part of the week from our Crawley office and to work remotely for the rest of the week.
We warmly welcome and encourage applications from talented individuals of all backgrounds and characteristics. If you need any support in accessing this opportunity, please do not hesitate to discuss this with us.
COMPANY BENEFITS INCLUDE
- Competitive Salary
- 25 days annual leave in addition to bank holidays
- Contributory Pension
- Life Assurance Scheme
- Group Income Protection
- Opportunity to participate in the Company’s Agile Working Policy
We look forward to hearing from you.