Lead Writer, Live Markets, Wall Street Journal - NY
The Wall Street Journal is looking for a skilled, curious and enthusiastic markets writer with the experience to take a leading role in a new kind of coverage.
Live Markets will become the Journal's centerpiece for covering financial markets in real time, leaning heavily on analysis and intelligence and devoted to bringing news and insight to readers fast. It isn't tethered to traditional story formats and will make use of charts and data and the full range of digital tools.
As lead writer, you'll be an active participant in the daily Live Markets coverage. You'll help steer the work of colleagues, and you'll help shape the new product from its early days. You'll also have a public profile, representing the Journal and its excellence in markets and finance reporting on social media, in video or podcast appearances, and at live events.
You'll report to one of our markets bureau chiefs, and you'll work out of our New York office.
- Write regularly during the day for Live Markets, bringing to bear sophistication and expertise in financial markets of all stripes
- Help guide more-junior staff and help them shape their ideas
- Contribute to the design and development of the Live Markets product
- Participate in podcasts, live Q&As, video projects and live events around markets
- Be a member of the Journal's markets reporting team, writing long-form stories as appropriate
- Omnivorous curiosity about markets, finance, economics, money, banking and crypto
- At least five years of experience covering financial markets and a sophisticated understanding of markets and financial topics
- A demonstrated ability to practice journalism in digital formats, including video or audio
- Experience using and presenting markets and economic data
The Journal's reporters, editors, developers, and audio and visual journalists create important and impactful stories, firmly rooted in fact and adhering to the highest ethical standards. We report without fear or bias, and we maintain a proper sense of perspective, detachment and objectivity in our reporting.
There is a clear and likely internal candidate for this role.
Dow Jones , Making Careers Newsworthy
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. EEO/AA/M/F/Disabled/Vets .
Dow Jones is committed to providing reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities, in our job application and/or interview process. If you need assistance or accommodation in completing your application, due to a disability, please reach out to us at TalentResourceTeam@dowjones.com. Please put "Reasonable Accommodation" in the subject line.
Business Area: NEWS/WSJ
Job Category: News/Editorial Group
Union / A clear and likely Internal Candidate (Employee Only) has been identified
Req ID: 34126