Social Media Talent/Video Journalist, Barron`s - NY
Barron's is seeking an on-camera host and video journalist who has the knowledge, keen digital instincts and on-air talent to represent our storied brand on YouTube as well as other major social media platforms.
This journalist will work with our digital and innovative story teams to develop Barron's voice and style on YouTube as well as other digital media. We are seeking someone who has knowledge of the markets, economy and business journalism - and understands the kind of stories and digital tactics that help video stories trend with audiences.
This person should be a strong generator of ideas that can translate into engaging scripts and videos, ranging from five to ten minutes. Special consideration will be given to candidates who have a background hosting and creating videos for YouTube, demonstrated experience growing a YouTube channel and understanding of YouTube's best practices and analytics.
Barron's strongly values teamwork, so the ability to collaborate is a must.
Duties & responsibilities:
- Research, develop, pitch and report video stories
- Host videos
- Write scripts and companion articles
- Conduct on camera and off camera interviews
- Help develop and grow YouTube channel
- Pitch, research, develop and report story ideas for business and finance videos
- Minimum 3 years experience reporting, hosting and creating videos for YouTube
- Ability to find compelling business and finance stories, interview subjects and explain complicated financial topics and storylines
- Knowledge of YouTube best practices and growth strategies
- Knowledge of the markets, economy and business journalism
- Self starter who is nimble, innovative and versatile
- Clear communication, written and collaboration skills
- Ability to shoot and edit videos a plus
- Knowledge of editing with Adobe Premiere a plus
- An interest in creating new video series and templates is a plus
Applications should include a resume, cover letter and clips / reel.
Dow Jones , Making Careers Newsworthy
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. EEO/AA/M/F/Disabled/Vets .
Dow Jones is committed to providing reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities, in our job application and/or interview process. If you need assistance or accommodation in completing your application, due to a disability, please reach out to us at TalentResourceTeam@dowjones.com. Please put "Reasonable Accommodation" in the subject line.
Business Area: BG - OFFICE
Job Category: News/Editorial Group
Union / No clear and likely Internal Candidate (Employee Only) has been identified
Req ID: 34001