Regulation reporter, Risk.net - NY
3 days left
- Full Time
Regulation reporter, Risk.net
New York, United States
Editorial, Full time
Would you like to report on the rules that determine the fate of the US financial sector, including the largest banks, asset managers and exchanges? Risk.net is seeking an energetic and insightful reporter to cover financial regulation in the US.
The US regulation reporter will have primary responsibility for Risk.net’s coverage of the major financial regulatory agencies, including the Federal Reserve, Securities and Exchange Commission and the Commodity Futures Trading Commission.
The ideal candidate will be passionate and knowledgeable about finance and policymaking, with a talent for bringing complex topics to life, and the ability to combine the best elements of trade and mainstream financial journalism to produce must-read articles that stand out from the crowd. They should be equally adept at breaking news and writing in-depth, long-form features. A proven ability to build and maintain strong source relationships is a must.
Risk.net covers financial products, institutions and markets. The regulation desk is central to this effort, with a remit that spans rulemaking and supervisory activity in financial markets around the globe.
Risk.net is a rare beast: a financial industry publication that thrives on long-form investigative journalism. Our readers represent the full cross-section of the market, and our reporting reflects this – we speak to banks and asset managers, the technology and infrastructure firms that connect them, and the regulators and supervisors that oversee them. This is a great strength, enabling us to piece together complex stories from multiple perspectives and points of view.
Risk.net has a collegiate style – our team of 35 journalists and editors, spread across five editorial desks and three offices, actively collaborate on projects and pool their insights and contacts. We give our journalists the time and resources necessary to produce great stories. Standards are high, but so is management support.
Risk.net is owned by Infopro Digital, a global publishing and events company with over 4,000 employees across 17 countries and annual revenues of over half a billion dollars. Infopro Digital’s financial services unit, known as Risk Global, is a 300-person organisation with offices in London, Hong Kong, New York and Nashville.
- Lead Risk.net coverage of financial regulation in the US
- Cultivate industry sources to generate a steady stream of news leads
- Contribute news, profiles and feature articles to Risk.net
- Collaborate with journalists and editors across our five editorial desks and three international bureaus
- Proven journalism experience, preferably covering finance or law
- Knowledge of the financial industry and its major players
- Impeccable writing skills and a knack for explaining complex topics in plain English. An ability to write with flair and, when appropriate, a sense of humor would be a bonus!
- A keen eye for detail and nuance
- A willingness to learn about a broad range of financial topics
As well as working with some of the most interesting, talented and fun people, we operate a culture where success is recognized. You will be supported throughout your career, tailoring your development through management support, internal and external training courses, and on the job training.
In addition to a competitive salary we offer the following benefits:
- Flexible and hybrid working based on employee needs
- 20 Vacation Days (rising to 25 days)
- 5 Sick Days
- Life Insurance
- Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance
- 401k Plan Plus Match
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Short-term disability
- Commuter Benefits
- Bonusly Employee Recognition
- Employee Discount Schemes
- Employee Assistance Program
- Additional Life Insurance
- Employee Referral plan