Enterprise Technology Reporter, WSJ - Chicago
The Wall Street Journal is looking for an experienced reporter who can write deeply reported news and analysis that explains the interplay of business and technology.
Professional readers are key to The Wall Street Journal's mission, and you will cover business and technology in a way that is useful, compelling and engaging for this audience. Your breaking news and analysis will be essential reading for the world's business technology leaders.
This position, based in Chicago, will focus on manufacturing, transportation, energy and other heavy industries. It is part of the WSJ Pro Enterprise Technology team and will serve CIO Journal, WSJ Pro Cybersecurity and other WSJ Pro products.
- Cultivate sources among senior-level technology executives at companies in industrial sectors such as manufacturing, transportation and energy.
- Dominate coverage of how older industrial companies are attempting to modernize their business models, operations and culture with the use of emerging technologies.
- Approach your beat with an eye open to what's working and what's not working.
- Produce a range of stories from breaking news and exclusives to features and original analysis that is compelling to the informed professional reader.
- Travel to companies in industrial areas throughout the Midwest and South, to further your original reporting.
- At least five years of reporting experience.
- The ability to explain complex and sophisticated technologies in a clear and lucid manner, connecting them to the broader business in a way that is compelling and useful for the professional reader.
- A proven ability to break news.
- A proven ability to write clearly and analytically for a professional audience.
- A collaborative and team-oriented approach to your work.
- A passion for being part of The Wall Street Journal's fast-paced, global news organization, and meeting the highest standards of business journalism.
The Journal's reporters, editors, developers, and audio and visual journalists create important and impactful stories, firmly rooted in fact and adhering to the highest ethical standards. We report without fear or bias, and we maintain a proper sense of perspective, detachment and objectivity in our reporting.
To apply, please submit your resume, a cover letter and 5-7 of your clips.
Dow Jones , Making Careers Newsworthy
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. EEO/AA/M/F/Disabled/Vets .
Dow Jones is committed to providing reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities, in our job application and/or interview process. If you need assistance or accommodation in completing your application, due to a disability, please reach out to us at TalentResourceTeam@dowjones.com. Please put "Reasonable Accommodation" in the subject line.
Business Area: NEWS/WSJ
Job Category: News/Editorial Group
Union / No clear and likely Internal Candidate (Employee Only) has been identified
Req ID: 34044