Reuters, Spot Enterprise Editor (Editor-in-Charge) - NY
Spot Enterprise Editor (Editor-in-Charge)
USA-New York-3 Times Square
CAN-TORONTO-333 Bay Street
Reuters is seeking a talented and experienced Spot Enterprise Editor (Editor in Charge) to join our editorial team in North America. We need a gifted writer, with a keen ear for tone, capable of crafting playful or dramatic prose as the story requires. And, crucially, the successful candidate will have a finely attuned radar for legal and ethical dangers.
As Reuters embraces different story-telling formats tailored to our different audiences, the ability to think creatively about how to convey information most effectively to our clients would be an asset.
We are keen to build a group of editors with specialist knowledge, so previous experience editing or reporting in the Americas, as well as expertise in business journalism, would be an advantage. The position will report to the Global Editor, Spot Enterprise.
About the Role
As our Spot Enterprise Editor, you will:
- Handle time-sensitive enterprise stories from across the region
- Have news judgement and vision to see the potential in a pitch or a draft story, and to rework a piece thoroughly if needed
- Possess the personal skills to work closely with reporters to elevate their copy
To be our Spot Enterprise Editor, you will likely have:
- Excellent news judgment and outstanding journalistic ability
- At least 10 years’ experience in journalism
- A flair for writing and story telling
- Familiarity with different storytelling formats
- Strong awareness of legal risks and ethical issues
- A strong track record of teamwork
- Proven ability to construct complex long-form narratives is a must
What’s in it For You
At Reuters, our people are our greatest assets. Here are some of the benefits we offer for your personal and professional growth:
- Global Career: As a global company, we can offer a truly international career and progression opportunities
- Learning & Development: We have a dedicated training team focused on the continuous development of our employees
- Benefits: We offer competitive salary packages and market leading benefits
- Perks: Work alongside Pulitzer Prize-winning journalists and a team who provide unmatched, award-winning coverage of the world’s most important stories
- Purpose Driven Work: We have a superpower that we’ve never talked about with as much pride as we should – we are one of the only companies on the planet that helps its customers pursue justice, truth and transparency. Together, with the professionals and institutions we serve, we help uphold the rule of law, turn the wheels of commerce, catch bad actors, report the facts, and provide trusted, unbiased information to people all over the world
Reuters is the world’s largest multimedia news provider. Founded in 1851, it is committed to the Trust Principles of independence, integrity, and freedom from bias. With unmatched coverage in over 16 languages, and reaching billions of people worldwide every day, Reuters provides trusted intelligence that powers humans and machines to make smart decisions. It supplies business, financial, national, and international news to professionals via desktop terminals, the world's media organizations, industry events and directly to consumers.
Reuters: The Real World in Real Time
COVID-19 Vaccination Status Information Requirement (US employees only):
Thomson Reuters is committed to ensuring the continued safety of our employees in regards to Covid-19. While vaccination is not required for consideration or employment at this time, to inform our site planning and policies, we require all Thomson Reuters employees to verify their vaccination status upon starting with the Company.
Do you want to be part of a team helping re-invent the way knowledge professionals work? How about a team that works every day to create a more transparent, just and inclusive future? At Thomson Reuters, we’ve been doing just that for almost 160 years. Our industry-leading products and services include highly specialized information-enabled software and tools for legal, tax, accounting and compliance professionals combined with the world’s most global news services – Reuters. We help these professionals do their jobs better, creating more time for them to focus on the things that matter most: advising, advocating, negotiating, governing and informing.
We are powered by the talents of 25,000 employees across more than 75 countries, where everyone has a chance to contribute and grow professionally in flexible work environments that celebrate diversity and inclusion. At a time when objectivity, accuracy, fairness and transparency are under attack, we consider it our duty to pursue them. Sound exciting? Join us and help shape the industries that move society forward.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under applicable law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
We also make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and for sincerely held religious beliefs in accordance with applicable law.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on https://thomsonreuters.com.