Research Analyst I: Chemical Insight, Dow Jones - TX
This role supports the Chemical Insight product group in the publication of market reports, annual studies, client/conference presentations, project work and other related tasks. This person will update and maintain graphs, tables, Excel-based models and databases, edit chemical market analyses and work with our content management system. They will also interact with clients in providing data information and training on website and online databases, as well as research and collect data from industry associations and maintain capacity database.
• Fulfill data requests sent in by clients via email or phone.
•Create/modify Microsoft Excel graphs and tables for weekly/monthly market reports and annual world analyses.
• Proof and modify consultant text written for market reports and world analysis.
• Create presentation materials in Microsoft Power Point for meetings and conferences.
• Prepare laptop and materials for consultant travel.
• Maintain and audit world trade database (GTI) for select products.
• Gather and maintain data from public sectors for consultant analyses.
•Compile annual World Analyses; including maps, trade, supply/demand tables, capacity tables, and economic snapshots. Functions as editor for the assigned annual analyses. Compile tables and majority of content to create a portable document format for annual analyses. Prepare the associated CD.
• Play a key role in the execution of the annual World Petrochemical Conference.
• Support Operations endeavors to improve and maintain IHS processes and standardization. This would be specific to the MAS group to which candidate is assigned.
•Some travel to support a product-specific Event would be expected.
- Bachelor's degree.
- Science degree (Chemistry or Biological Sciences) or equivalent experience a plus.
• Microsoft Office skills - Word, Excel, and Power Point.
• Pass a series of tests given by Human Resource Dept.
• Ability to multi-task.
• Ability to meet deadlines.
• Ability to work fast and efficiently to get requested data to clients in a timely manner.
• Industry Experience Can Overcome Formal Education Requirement
• Working knowledge of MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint is required
• Good communication skills, both written and verbal.
• Excellent organizational skills, ability to meet deadlines
• Strong analytical skills
• Works well in a team environment
Dow Jones , Making Careers Newsworthy
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. EEO/AA/M/F/Disabled/Vets .
Dow Jones is committed to providing reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities, in our job application and/or interview process. If you need assistance or accommodation in completing your application, due to a disability, please reach out to us at TalentResourceTeam@dowjones.com. Please put "Reasonable Accommodation" in the subject line.
Business Area: OPIS-CMA
Job Category: Data/Content Group
Non-Union / A clear and likely Internal Candidate (Employee Only) has been identified
Req ID: 33470