The Wall Street Journal is looking for an experienced reporter who can write deeply reported news and analysis that explains the interplay of business and technology.
Professional readers are key to The Wall Street Journal's mission, and you will cover business and technology in a way that is useful, compelling and engaging for this audience. Your breaking news and analysis will be essential reading for the world's business technology leaders.
This position is part of the WSJ Pro Enterprise Technology team, which includes CIO Journal and WSJ Pro Cybersecurity. It will support those groups, as well as other WSJ Pro bureaus such as Venture Capital.
This position, based in New York or San Francisco, will focus on how CIOs and other tech leaders employ the latest thinking in network architecture, data and analytics, AI, security, and the cloud as they help drive the modernization of their companies.
- Cultivate sources among senior-level technology executives at leading companies across the United States and other global business centers.
- Dominate coverage of how CIOs and other tech leaders employ the latest thinking in network architecture, data and analytics, AI, security, and the cloud as they help drive the modernization of their companies.
- Approach your beat with an eye open to what's working and what's not working.
- Produce a range of stories from breaking news and exclusives to features and original analysis that is compelling to the informed professional reader.
- Travel to companies in key business markets to develop your original reporting.
- At least five years of reporting experience.
- The ability to explain complex and sophisticated technologies in a clear and lucid manner, connecting them to the broader business in a way that is compelling and useful for the professional reader.
- A proven ability to break news.
- A proven ability to write clearly and analytically for a professional audience.
- A collaborative and team-oriented approach to your work.
- A passion for being part of The Wall Street Journal's fast-paced, global news organization, and meeting the highest standards of business journalism.
The Journal's reporters, editors, developers, and audio and visual journalists create important and impactful stories, firmly rooted in fact and adhering to the highest ethical standards. We report without fear or bias, and we maintain a proper sense of perspective, detachment and objectivity in our reporting.
To apply, please submit your resume and a cover letter explaining how your skills, experience and interests align with the requirements of the role. Please also include 5 to 7 clips that represent your best work.
Dow Jones , Making Careers Newsworthy
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. EEO/AA/M/F/Disabled/Vets .
Dow Jones is committed to providing reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities, in our job application and/or interview process. If you need assistance or accommodation in completing your application, due to a disability, please reach out to us at TalentResourceTeam@dowjones.com. Please put "Reasonable Accommodation" in the subject line.
Business Area: NEWS/WSJ
Job Category: News/Editorial Group
Req ID: 33639