Dow Jones, Product Management Analyst
This role is based in London.
An exciting opportunity has opened up for a high-performing, critical-thinking, intellectually-curious, and creative Product Management Analyst to join the Base Chemicals Insight (BCI) group.
Base Chemicals brings together unrivaled expertise in chemicals to provide information and insight products that critically inform the strategic investment and operational decisions made by both industry and the financial sector. Our offerings include crucial price benchmarks, comprehensive asset databases, short and long-term market forecasts, analysis of industry dynamics and company strategies, and tools to enable comparison and benchmarking of operational efficiency and production.
Join a small but growing and experienced product management team, taking ownership of key team initiatives and strategic projects with applications that span the full range of product management responsibilities. Working alongside the team lead, and engaging with key partner constituencies - e.g. Sales, Marketing, and Research. Enhance product management skills and experience and deepen customer persona and industry domain knowledge. The position will report into the head of product management.
- Administer and develop our suite of Power BI/Tableau dashboards used for business intelligence and reporting
- Analyse client usage data and other engagement metrics to identify opportunities to increase client engagement with BCI products via training, content usage recommendations, and additional product uptake
- Engage with Research and Sales to design and implement client outreach efforts, analysing results and working to refine iteratively
- Analyze client purchase data, identifying relationships between client types and product groupings purchased, developing strategies for new-logo product mix pitches and in-fill product opportunities in the existing client base
- Collect, organize, assess, and maintain information on competitive companies and product offerings, working with product management team members to analyse comparative positioning
- Administer BCI's product entitlements across multiple systems and liaise with sales, operations, customer care and research to ensure timely action is taken where issues arise
- Work with the pricing team and other key stakeholders to setup new products and make changes to existing products in the price book.
What we are looking for:
An experienced analyst with 2+ years of professional experience, who is keen to pursue a career in product management, and who wants to leverage their existing analytical skill set while deepening their product management capabilities and expertise. Experience with B2B data/information, industry analysis, and/or applied software products is highly desirable, as is domain knowledge in chemicals/energy or other related industry areas.
Strong candidates will be able to demonstrate:
- Experience in analysing large data sets, identifying relationships and creating summary metrics is critical to this role - employing business intelligence software (e.g. Power BI, Tableau, Spotfire) to create tools/dashboards for large user groups to explore data sets
- A proven ability to manage and make progress on multiple initiatives running in parallel, prioritizing and leveraging strong organizational and project management skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, with an ability to distill and explain complicated concepts in clear and concise terms
- Strong business acumen and analytical skills, with the ability to construct and evaluate different business model approaches to maximize ROI
- Enjoyment in being a team player who brings a sense of positive energy and an ability to influence, inspire, and motivate critical cross-functional partners across the organization
Dow Jones , Making Careers Newsworthy
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. EEO/AA/M/F/Disabled/Vets .
Dow Jones is committed to providing reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities, in our job application and/or interview process. If you need assistance or accommodation in completing your application, due to a disability, please reach out to us at TalentResourceTeam@dowjones.com. Please put "Reasonable Accommodation" in the subject line.
Business Area: PEOPLE
Req ID: 33050