Carbon Markets Editor, OPIS - MO
OPIS, a Dow Jones company provides price transparency across the global supply chain so that all stakeholders can buy and sell energy commodities with confidence. We provide transparent price assessments, real-time news, powerful analytics, and educational and networking events. Oil, gas, and fuel markets rely on OPIS spot benchmarks in refined products, NGLs and LPG, ethanol and biofuels, refinery feedstocks, and petrochemicals. OPIS' price-discovery methodologies are in accordance with IOSCO (International Organization of Securities Commissions) Principles for Oil Price Reporting Agencies and with European Union Benchmark Regulation (BMR).
OPIS Carbon Markets Editor will be responsible for collecting and analyzing trade information to assess a daily pricing index for U.S. compliance carbon markets. The position requires reporting on carbon market pricing and fundamentals as well as creating news alerts relevant to the carbon industry and clean air initiatives.
- Accumulate spot market price transactions from industry participants via email, instant messaging and by phone. Verify the legitimacy of the transactions and adhere to Dow Jones pricing methodology to create daily price assessments.
- Generate breaking and feature news alerts on carbon markets, clean energy and environmental sustainability initiatives.
- Research and report on new developments in global carbon policies and programs.
- Contribute to social media content, blog postings, industry analysis, and publish Dow Jones reports.
- Network and develop sources in the U.S. carbon industry.
Key qualifications and skills:
- Minimum 3 years journalism experience, preferably in the environmental sector.
- Strong communication, writing, and networking skills, with the ability to work under tight deadlines with accuracy and attention to detail.
- Knowledge of the renewables, carbon, and biofuels markets is ideal, though you should have the curiosity and willingness to learn about industry trends and be able to break down complex regulatory and market issues into accurate and easily understood content.
- Ability for source development and market engagement. Familiarity with existing industry contacts is a plus.
- Minimum Bachelor's degree or equivalent standard.
- Ability to analyze data and market drivers quickly. Good knowledge of Excel and spreadsheets.
Inclusion and diversity are critical to the success of Dow Jones, and we actively encourage applications from people of all backgrounds. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other protected category. For more information on the many ways in which we enthusiastically support inclusion and diversity efforts for both candidates and employees.
If you are currently employed by Dow Jones, please apply internally via the Workday internal careers site.
Dow Jones , Making Careers Newsworthy
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. EEO/AA/M/F/Disabled/Vets .
Dow Jones is committed to providing reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities, in our job application and/or interview process. If you need assistance or accommodation in completing your application, due to a disability, please reach out to us at TalentResourceTeam@dowjones.com. Please put "Reasonable Accommodation" in the subject line.
Business Area: OPIS
Job Category: News/Editorial Group
Req ID: 33221