Senior Publishing Editor, Dow Jones Newswires - NY
Dow Jones Newswires seeks an experienced editor with superb news judgment to help lead our editing team in New York. The editor in this senior-level position must have experience meeting the needs of financial professional investors seeking real-time delivery of news and insights.
The successful candidate will have top-notch management and editing skills along with the news judgment to assign, curate and package content for a sophisticated, professional audience. Much of the editing will focus on markets, finance and business topics, so familiarity with those subjects and experience as an editor in those areas is expected.
You must understand the demands of a real-time news cycle and be comfortable making fast, independent decisions. Senior publishing editors direct the work of the publishing editors, rewrite editors and reporters, and coordinate across the entire news organization. Strong communication skills and an understanding of how to collaborate in a team environment are essential.
- Exercise exceptional news judgment in editing and fast-paced publishing of breaking news headlines and stories.
- Assign and direct the work of the team on quality and presentation of time-sensitive edits.
- Prioritize tasks and time while handling multiple responsibilities.
- Lead by example and work well across teams.
- Quickly and sharply edit for grammar, style, sense, jargon, accuracy, clarity, diversity and fairness.
- Understand WSJ's audiences and their needs to best connect our content.
- Uphold Dow Jones standards and ethics in your own work and that of others.
- Meet deadlines, solve problems, be proactive and be flexible.
- 5+ years of experience as a news editor.
- A well-honed sense of urgency along with a capacity to remain calm under pressure.
- The ability to communicate precisely and with compassion.
- Aptitude for learning new software and newsroom publishing tools as well as developing proficiency with metadata and in- house storytelling devices.
This position reports to the Americas Chief Editor for Dow Jones Newswires and is based in our New York City office.
The Journal's reporters, editors, developers, and audio and visual journalists create important and impactful stories, firmly rooted in fact and adhering to the highest ethical standards. We report without fear or bias, and we maintain a proper sense of perspective, detachment and objectivity in our reporting.
To apply, please submit your resume and a cover letter explaining how your skills, experience and interests align with the requirements of the role.
Dow Jones , Making Careers Newsworthy
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. EEO/AA/M/F/Disabled/Vets .
Dow Jones is committed to providing reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities, in our job application and/or interview process. If you need assistance or accommodation in completing your application, due to a disability, please reach out to us at TalentResourceTeam@dowjones.com. Please put "Reasonable Accommodation" in the subject line.
Business Area: NEWS/WSJ
Job Category: News/Editorial Group
Req ID: 33561