Shard Financial Media, Journalist
Journalist - London & Homeworking - £24,000 plus bonus
As a landmark producer of conferences, magazines, and award schemes for the financial services sector Shard Financial Media are continuing to grow in both the UK and Europe.
Shard Financial Media are looking for a creative, committed person who wants to forge a reputation for the highest quality journalism across breaking news, analysis and features. We are searching for a journalist willing to embrace a rare opportunity to forge a network of contacts across financial services.
With exclusive access to contacts at the country’s largest banks and financial institutions, this position offers the chance to beat national newspapers to news stories, but also to produce analysis and features that lead the agenda.
Shard’s new journalist will be at the epicentre of it all and will have responsibility for the following:
- To provide breaking news and a daily news service for the Credit Strategy, FSE Media and TRI websites.
- To write bespoke analysis and features on the impact of the recession on financial services firms and consumers, as well as the survival of companies affected by the pandemic.
- To conduct centrepiece interviews in the magazine with CEOs and other executives.
- For those interested to broaden their skills, the chance to take part or present live television broadcasts in a London TV studio, for our audience.
- To build a network of contacts across banks, building societies, credit card companies, law firms, private equity houses and accountancy giants such as PwC, EY and others.
We are ideally looking for an NCTJ-qualified journalist with in the region of two years’ experience in a B2B or consumer publication. Experience covering financial services is desirable but not essential.
As an organiser of diversity award programmes and events, Shard Financial Media takes an active role in championing diversity in various industries. We welcome applications from all members of society irrespective of age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, colour, race, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief.