Podcast Senior Host/Producer, WSJ - NY
- Dow Jones
- New York, NY
- Closing date
- Aug 24, 2022
- Job Type
- Full Time
- Broadcast, Nationals, Finance
- Financial Journalist, Production, Broadcast Journalist, Production Editor
The Wall Street Journal audio team is looking for an experienced, multi-talented journalist to host and produce a weekly podcast focused on the changing workplace and the ways it affects how we think about our careers and money. As host and audio producer with an extensive background in podcasting, radio or another comparable medium, you will help develop the voice, identity and audience of the show.
We are a growing audio team that works across many areas of the WSJ newsroom to produce quality, balanced, news-driven podcasts on topics that range from politics, personal finance, science and more. We have a solid core listenership, which we're looking to expand and deepen with the help of the right candidate.
The ideal candidate will have a deep understanding of, and interest in, the WSJ core coverage areas, as well as experience in research, reporting and interviewing, including in live settings. As an interviewer you will have broad knowledge of current events and news that can be drawn upon to enrich and deepen interviews, along with a strong contact list with newsmakers and industry leaders.
Strong leadership skills and a desire to foster a collaborative and inclusive environment for your team are a must. While audio is your core medium, you understand how to use data and audience feedback to help guide content development, reach new audiences through other channels, like social media, and build a robust listener community.
This position will report to the Supervising Producer of Audio and is based in our New York office.
- Host a weekly podcast focused on workplace, career and money issues.
- Oversee the production and post-production of the podcast, from start to publication
- Collaborate with multiple coverage areas across the WSJ newsroom to develop content.
- Collaborate with our social team on audience development strategies connected to the podcast.
- Manage multiple projects at various stages of development and production, while ensuring the highest quality of content is produced and legal and journalistic standards are followed.
- 5+ years of experience working in a global news environment.
- At least 3+ years of experience in podcasting, audio production or a related field that includes hosting in some form.
- Strong editorial skills, including experience in research, fact- checking, and sculpting longform interviews.
- Experience developing and launching new products.
- Solid working knowledge of a digital audio workstation, such as ProTools or Adobe Audition.
- A strong contact list and deep relationships with industry executives and media representatives.
- A deep understanding of, and interest in, The Wall Street Journal's core coverage areas as well as strong editorial judgment and broad knowledge and
- interest in current events and news.
The Journal's reporters, editors, developers, and audio and visual journalists create important and impactful stories, firmly rooted in fact and adhering to the highest ethical standards. We report without fear or bias, and we maintain a proper sense of perspective, detachment and objectivity in our reporting.
To apply, please submit your resume, a cover letter explaining how you would approach the job and examples of your work. Submissions without a cover letter will not be considered.
Dow Jones , Making Careers Newsworthy
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. EEO/AA/M/F/Disabled/Vets .
Dow Jones is committed to providing reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities, in our job application and/or interview process. If you need assistance or accommodation in completing your application, due to a disability, please reach out to us at TalentResourceTeam@dowjones.com. Please put "Reasonable Accommodation" in the subject line.
Business Area: NEWS/WSJ
Job Category: News/Editorial Group
Req ID: 33196
We break stories, influence ideas, and advance business intelligence and cultural interest.
We expose the events that turn markets, the digital breakthroughs that transform art, the demand that drives invention, as well as the political and societal passing moments and lasting consequences.
We are the people of Dow Jones. From different fields, backgrounds and viewpoints we invite you to join us.
Examine the world and bring it to others.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert