Senior Podcast Audio Producer, Barron's - NY
2 days left
- Full Time
Senior Audio Producer, Podcast (Contract Role)
Barron's Group is seeking a creative and driven Senior Audio Producer who is well versed in finance, business, and economics reporting. The senior producer will drive the Marketwatch podcast Best New Ideas in Money in conjunction with a small team of audio producers and lead episodes from start to finish, executing tight turnarounds in a fast-paced environment.
A strong candidate is a vivid storyteller with solid audio production skills and is fluent in building episodes from start to finish, including extensive experience in structuring and writing compelling scripts. Candidates should be autonomous and organized and able to keep a rigorous weekly production schedule running smoothly. The ideal candidate has a strong understanding and interest in finance, business, and economics that can be translated into fascinating episode ideas for the podcast.
We're looking for a contractor from June 30, 2022 to July 1, 2023 to join our New York-based team.
- Run editorial meetings and generate and solicit episode ideas
- Maintain the weekly production schedule, both planning ahead and for the nearterm
- Coordinate episode responsibilities with audio producers on the team
- Coach audio producers through all stages of the episode production process
- Participate in overall production flow as needed, including researching, booking guests, writing scripts, cutting tape, finding archival news clips, assemble mixes, and score episodes
- Ensure thorough fact-checking and that episodes adhere to editorial standards
Key candidate requirements:
- +5 years of experience working in audio production
- Experience in driving the production of podcast episodes from start to finish
- Ability to give concise and constructive feedback
- Experience in juggling multiple tasks, problem solving, and executing against deadlines
- Professional-level understanding of podcast editing software
- Strong writing skills and experience in building podcast episodes
- Interest and knowledge in business, finance, and economics
Dow Jones , Making Careers Newsworthy
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. EEO/AA/M/F/Disabled/Vets .
Dow Jones is committed to providing reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities, in our job application and/or interview process. If you need assistance or accommodation in completing your application, due to a disability, please reach out to us at TalentResourceTeam@dowjones.com. Please put "Reasonable Accommodation" in the subject line.
Business Area: BG - OFFICE
Req ID: 33146