Senior Research Analyst, OPIS - TX
Chemical Market Analytics, by OPIS, a Dow Jones Company is seeking a Senior Analyst II who will be responsible for global research, analysis and model building for the plastics sustainability service. Models include but are not limited to development and expansion of datasets and scenario models for supply/demand, repositioning plastics waste, cost and margin analyses for linear vs circular, carbon emissions for linear and circular production of plastics. Other research and analysis incudes but is not limited to global regulations & policies and stakeholder progression to circular plastics while achieving net emissions targets. This position will also play a key role in supporting both the Director, Plastics Sustainability Service and the Director Technology and Infrastructure Plastics Sustainability.
- Collection and organization of regulatory and policy developments associated with plastics sustainability.
- Lead the preparation of models, data sets and analytics for OPIS and Dow Jones's plastics sustainability activities.
- Support the design and preparation of content delivery tools that enhance client experience.
- Support preparation of content across the platform as subject matter expert for analytical tools and processes and primary interface with the systems development for the service.
- Support preparation of content that positions the service with government and financial entities, industry stakeholders (producers, brand owners, retailer), NGOs and stakeholder alliances.
- Develop understanding of the technologies for collection and sorting aspects of plastics waste and implications from advancements in IND 4.0.
- Support and leverage intra-company expertise and content to support platform deliverables.
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Finance/Accounting, Information Systems Management, Data Science or relevant discipline. Degree in chemical engineering or chemistry preferred.
- Excellent English communication skills (Verbal and Written).
- 5+ years' relevant experience preferred.
- Commercial Awareness
- Knowledge of the petrochemical value chain and a proven ability to quickly gain an applied understanding of a new industry area, including waste management.
- Strong analytical and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to clearly communicate complex content.
- Technical Skills
- Advanced skills in Excel, PowerPoint and the use of analytical tools such as databases, spreadsheets, process documenting and business intelligence applications.
- Experience/knowledge of data visualization applications, data analysis and data modelling.
- Someone who is keen to pursue a career in the transition of plastics to a circular model.
- The ideal candidate should enjoy working with multiple stakeholders across different levels of the business and using multiple in-house systems.
- A proven ability to manage and make progress on multiple initiatives running in parallel, prioritizing and leveraging strong organizational and project management skills.
- Must be highly motivated able to work with minimum supervision and be able to work effectively and efficiently within a flexible global team environment.
- The ideal candidate will need to be detail oriented and task driven with a strong work ethic and able to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong investigative ability and curiosity to understand and solve problems and data issues.
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to work under pressure to achieve set deadlines and with a high attention to detail.
- Must have strong interpersonal, analytical and communication skills (written and oral).
- Self-motivated, with the ability to work autonomously and as part of a team to achieve results.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills are required.
Dow Jones , Making Careers Newsworthy
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. EEO/AA/M/F/Disabled/Vets .
Dow Jones is committed to providing reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities, in our job application and/or interview process. If you need assistance or accommodation in completing your application, due to a disability, please reach out to us at TalentResourceTeam@dowjones.com. Please put "Reasonable Accommodation" in the subject line.
Business Area: OPIS-CMA
Job Category: Data/Content Group
Req ID: 33062