Harley-Davidson, PR & Communications Lead (EMEA)
- Flexible, UK/EU
- Competitive including benefits and annual bonus programs
- Closing date
- Jul 8, 2022
- Job Type
- Full Time
- Consumer PR, Corporate Communications, Technology
- PR Director, PR Manager, Senior Account Manager, Senior Account Director
Title: PR & Communications Lead (EMEA)
Job Function: Communications
Location: We are open to this role being located in the UK or within Europe; EG Paris, Frankfurt, Milan, Barcelona, The Netherlands or other.
Company: Harley-Davidson Motor Company
Full or Part-Time: Full Time
At Harley-Davidson, we are building more than machines. It’s our passion and commitment to continue the evolution of this storied brand and heighten the desirability of the Harley-Davidson experience. To keep building our legend and leading our industry through innovation, evolution, and emotion we need the best and brightest talent. We stand for the timeless pursuit of adventure. Freedom for the soul. Are you ready to join us?
Our International Markets are focused on creating an inclusive and expanding rider community that appeals to new and existing riders. We strive to deliver an H-D experience with an unequivocal customer focus.
From the UK to Singapore and many places in between, our employees are essential to our success. Our efforts are concentrated on the highest priority markets, primarily North America, Europe and parts of Asia Pacific. We have concentrated our resources in-market for maximum impact in line with our future strategy. Our regional offices and in-market teams have the freedom within a clearly defined framework to make decisions to drive their business. In-market teams are agile and equipped to understand consumer needs, provide focused attention to dealers, and respond more quickly to local market conditions.
We maximize employee flexibility and well-being through a virtual mindset that supports our highly distributed, global workforce. We take an outcome-focused, people-centered approach to winning, including welcoming the best talent - wherever they may be.
We are flexible on the location of where our successful candiate is based. The role could be Hybrid or Remote and is not tightly linked to a physical location and provides flexibility in where you work, when and how you accomplish your work.
The PR & Communications Lead will manage strategic communication to drive and sustain the achievement of Harley-Davidson’s purpose and business objectives in the Europe, Middle East and Africa (EMEA) region. The role works collaboratively with multiple leadership teams within the company and outside PR agency teams in EMEA and globally to implement Harley-Davidson’s internal and external communication plans and activities with an emphasis on the Hardwire – the company’s 5-year strategic plan. The successful candidate will possess the ability to work independently and to lead through influence within all levels of the organization.
- Develop and execute integrated communications strategies to support the Hardwire.
- Create communications materials including but not limited to messaging documents, Q&As and talking points targeting various audiences (e.g., employees, dealers, media), to support the company’s EMEA business operations.
- Be a business partner to the Regional Vice President and the EMEA leadership team to drive employee engagement, alignment with dealers as well as strengthen the company’s positioning with various external audiences.
- Provide expert communication counsel and editorial expertise to internal groups sending targeted messages to employees and dealers in the EMEA region
- Represent the region, creating engaging content for the company’s employee and dealer-facing channels.
- Help manage communications for potential issues and crises in the EMEA region in close collaboration with the Global PR/Communications team.
Bachelor's Degree Preferred
Bachelor’s Degree in PR, Communication, Journalism or related field, is preferred.
- Minimum 5 years of PR/Communications related experience.
- Exceptional written (business and journalistic style) skills, with an aptitude to develop messaging for different audiences.
- An understanding of what makes powerful and impactful content.
- Strong interpersonal skills with a talent for working well with a variety of people and leading through influence within all levels of the organization.
- Project management/prioritization skills with a proven ability of working independently with stakeholders under minimal supervision.
- Experience and confidence in providing communication counsel and coaching to senior leaders.
- A good working knowledge of the communication industry’s channels and best practices.
- Proficiency in French/Spanish/Italian/German would be advantageous
Harley-Davidson is an equal opportunity employer that continues to build a culture of inclusion, belonging and equity through our commitment to attracting and retaining diverse talent from all backgrounds. We believe in fairness and providing a level playing field for all. We foster a culture that thrives on diverse perspectives and contributions to ignite the creativity and innovation to fuel our business and enhance the employee and customer experience.
We offer an inclusive compensation package for all salaried employees including, but not limited to, annual bonus programs, employee discounts on motorcycles and related products, general merchandise, and more. We welcome everybody to join our family and be united no matter who you are or where you come from. Learn more about Harley-Davidson (here).
Direct Reports: No
Travel Required: 0 - 10%
Visa Sponsorship: This position is not eligible for visa sponsorship
Relocation: This position is not eligible for relocation assistance
At Harley-Davidson, we are building more than machines. It’s our passion and commitment to continue the evolution of this storied brand and heighten the desirability of the Harley-Davidson experience.
To keep building our legend and leading our industry through innovation, evolution, and emotion we need the best and brightest talent. We stand for the timeless pursuit of adventure. Freedom for the soul. Are you ready to join us?
6000 Garsington Road
Oxford Business Park North
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert