Content Extraction Specialist, Dow Jones Factiva - NJ
The role of the Content Extraction Specialist is to extract facts or events from Dow Jones' Factiva content to support multiple internal and external use cases through the management of Dow Jones Factiva's extraction systems. These systems use a hybrid approach that leverages AI, ML and NLP to perform deep linguistic analysis and make sense of huge amounts of unstructured data.
As a Content Extraction Specialist, you will supervise and write rules on top of this automatic analysis in order to achieve the high levels of Precision and Recall that are necessary in our Extraction process. Additionally, you may use the same AI-powered text analytics tools to apply Dow Jones Intelligent Identifiers (DJID) metadata to categorize publications.
You will report to the Manager, Extraction and will be part of Strategic Services' Metadata Management team.
- Research, produce and maintain rules for data extraction using third-party Text Analytics tools.
- Develop and maintain document training sets for linguistics-based extraction and categorization tools.
- Test software releases as extraction and categorization tools are improved.
- Perform extraction and coding quality monitoring of publications, and refine extraction and categorization rules to ensure the highest levels of precision and recall.
- Undertake research and analysis to improve the overall enrichment of Factiva content.
- Troubleshoot extraction and coding problems.
- Answer quality questions escalated internally or via Customer Service/Sales.
- Perform special ad-hoc projects as needed to support the needs of the business.
- Proficiency in English language.
- Library science, linguistics, research or journalism background.
- Attention to detail.
- Research and analytical skills.
- Understanding of Boolean search logic.
- Experience with Text Analytics products.
- Experience with taxonomies and classification systems.
Dow Jones , Making Careers Newsworthy
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. EEO/AA/M/F/Disabled/Vets .
Dow Jones is committed to providing reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities, in our job application and/or interview process. If you need assistance or accommodation in completing your application, due to a disability, please reach out to us at TalentResourceTeam@dowjones.com. Please put "Reasonable Accommodation" in the subject line.
Business Area: PIB - DATA STRATEGY
Job Category: Data/Content Group
Req ID: 32323