Research Editor - Special Lists, Dow Jones - NJ
Job Title: Research Editor, Special Lists, Risk & Compliance
About the Role
Dow Jones Risk & Compliance is a global provider of third-party risk management and regulatory compliance solutions. We deliver data, research tools and services to help our clients meet anti-money laundering, anti-bribery, anti-corruption and economic sanctions regulations and mitigate third-party risk.
You will join a team of multilingual experts who research, record and update details on individuals and entities mentioned in Sanctions & Other Official Lists (Special Lists) issued by government bodies and regulators around the world, for example, the Office of Foreign Assets Control in the US, national law enforcement bodies or securities regulators. You will report to the Manager, Sanctions & Other Official Lists. You will be based in Princeton.
- Create and update profiles of individuals and entities mentioned in Sanctions & Other Official Lists (Special Lists) and quality check their information by continually monitoring and analysing relevant publicly available sources as well as data on Dow Jones owned products and specific directories
- Research and extract relevant data adhering to team guidelines
- Ensure that profiles are complete, accurate and up-to-date
- Respond in writing to clients' questions about Special Lists content
- Monitor changes in sanctions, counter-terrorism financing and anti-money laundering regulations
- Write due diligence reports on companies and/or individuals as required and contribute to other projects
- Contribute to workflow improvements and tool efficiencies
- Fluency in English and at least one of the following languages: Russian, Burmese, Arabic, Chinese or Hebrew
- Excellent research, analytical and writing skills
- Proofreading skills and experience handling large volumes of information
- Sound decision-making and problem-solving skills
- A reliable and responsible attitude
- An openness to different views and appreciation of team diversity
- The ability to manage priorities to meet deadlines
- The ability to communicate effectively
- Knowledge of the workings of the global Sanctions landscape
- Automation skills, such as advanced knowledge of Excel, Macros/VBA programming, Python, HTML and/or SQL
- Education to a degree level or relevant experience
Dow Jones , Making Careers Newsworthy
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. EEO/AA/M/F/Disabled/Vets .
Dow Jones is committed to providing reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities, in our job application and/or interview process. If you need assistance or accommodation in completing your application, due to a disability, please reach out to us at TalentResourceTeam@dowjones.com. Please put "Reasonable Accommodation" in the subject line.
Business Area: PIB - DATA STRATEGY
Job Category: Data/Content Group
Req ID: 32709