Principal Journalist, OPIS - TX
OPIS, a Dow Jones Company, is a thriving provider of refined products markets pricing and news. We provide transparency through real-time news and pricing services, and market-specific benchmark pricing reports that enable our customers to make smarter, more informed decisions. You will work for a company that is customer-focused and your work will benefit our customers from just about your first day on the job. We offer competitive salaries; a full benefits package, and an opportunity to grow both your salary and responsibilities while utilizing the latest technologies.
The OPIS U.S. Refined Products Senior Markets Editor will be responsible for contributing to reports focused on news and pricing activity in international feedstock, bunker and residual fuel oil markets. The position requires reporting on daily market pricing and market fundamentals as well as creating alerts relevant to the refined spot market industry.
- Accumulate spot market price transactions from industry participants via email, instant messaging and by phone. Verify the legitimacy of the transactions and adhere to OPIS pricing methodology to create daily price assessments.
- Developing and maintaining rapport with key contacts and liaising on a daily basis with industry stakeholders (Producers, Consumers, Traders, Brokers and other participants) to collect bids, offers, and spot deals.
- Generating stories for real-time new service as well as longer, more analytical content focusing on industry trends and emerging issues, adhering to strict deadlines.
- Contribute to social media content, blog postings, industry analysis, and contribute to, compile, and publish OPIS reports.
- Give market presentations at client meetings as well as at industry conferences.
- Developing new contacts and relationships within refined products markets, attending industry events, and reaching out to market participants to further develop OPIS' refined spot market business.
Dow Jones , Making Careers Newsworthy
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. EEO/AA/M/F/Disabled/Vets .
Dow Jones is committed to providing reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities, in our job application and/or interview process. If you need assistance or accommodation in completing your application, due to a disability, please reach out to us at TalentResourceTeam@dowjones.com. Please put "Reasonable Accommodation" in the subject line.
Business Area: OPIS
Job Category: Project/Program Management Group
Req ID: 32253