Deputy Breaking News Editor, Dow Jones Newswires - NY
7 days left
- Full Time
Dow Jones Newswires and The Wall Street Journal seek an experienced business journalist to help lead our breaking news reporting team.
The team comprises reporters who quickly and expertly produce articles from corporate disclosure news for Dow Jones Newswires and as needed for The Wall Street Journal.
Items covered by the team include earnings, executive changes, strategy announcements and other news disclosed by companies via press releases and/or SEC filings. The team also reports on significant stock price movements and other breaking news related to business, finance and economics.
- Assist the breaking news editor in managing the team
- Assist the breaking news editor in setting priorities and scheduling news coverage
- Write copy for Dow Jones Newswires as needed
- Edit copy for publication on Dow Jones Newswires and The Wall Street Journal
- Uphold Dow Jones standards in your work and that of others
- Previous reporting and editing experience in a breaking-news environment
- Strong editing and writing skills
- Superb news judgment
- Experience covering corporate news, including the ability to quickly decipher news in earnings statements and balance sheets
- Ability to work effectively with editors across the newsroom
You will report to Paul Ziobro, Breaking News Editor for Dow Jones Newswires. This position is based in our New York City office.
The Journal's reporters, editors, developers, and audio and visual journalists create important and impactful stories, firmly rooted in fact and adhering to the highest ethical standards. We report without fear or bias, and we maintain a proper sense of perspective, detachment and objectivity in our reporting.
To apply, please submit your resume and a cover letter explaining how your experience, skills and interests align with the requirements of the role. You may also submit work samples.
Dow Jones , Making Careers Newsworthy
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. EEO/AA/M/F/Disabled/Vets .
Dow Jones is committed to providing reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities, in our job application and/or interview process. If you need assistance or accommodation in completing your application, due to a disability, please reach out to us at TalentResourceTeam@dowjones.com. Please put "Reasonable Accommodation" in the subject line.
Business Area: NEWS/WSJ
Job Category: News/Editorial Group
Req ID: 32502