Audio Reporter/Producer, WSJ - NY
The Wall Street Journal is seeking a New York-based audio reporter/producer for its Future of Everything podcast.
This podcast explore new advances in science and technology, and the possibilities they hold for society. The longform, narrative podcast is part of WSJ's Future of Everything franchise, and involves collaboration with newsroom reporters, video colleagues and our Live Journalism team.
Top candidates for this position will have a professional background in audio journalism, top-notch writing skills, and strong experience producing in the studio and the field. They will have a deep fascination for the latest developments in science and tech, and the ability to make everything from dark matter to cutting edge tech understandable for listeners.
We hope to find someone excited to be part of a growing, collaborative team producing innovative storytelling with heart, humor and the highest journalistic standards.
- Research and pitch topics of interest to the Wall Street Journal's audience, with a particular focus on tech and science
- Source timely news and archival audio
- Record studio and field interviews
- Script, cut tape, edit and voice full episodes
- Book interview guests, as well as plan and execute remote interviews
- Partner with news reporters and editors to produce audio package
- Propose new and original ideas for timely and relevant programming
- Manage multiple projects in various stages of production
- Fact-check and ensure that all journalistic and legal standards are followed
- Have the flexibility to work late hours and weekends as production and news developments may warrant
- Complete additional duties as assigned
- +5 years experience serving as an audio reporter or producer preferably at a global news organization
- Ability to tell tech and science stories in creative ways
- Demonstrated experience working on longform narrative and magazine podcasts
- A track record of producing quality audio content efficiently under tight deadline constraints
- A professional-level understanding of Adobe Audition and/or Pro Tools software
- Some background with on-mic hosting
- Exceptional written and collaboration skills
This position is based in our New York City office and reports to the Supervising Producer of Audio.
All interested candidates should submit a cover letter clearly outlining how their skills and experience meet or exceed the key candidate requirements, along with links to five podcasts that represent the type of work described. Only candidates who submit cover letters will be considered for this role.
Dow Jones , Making Careers Newsworthy
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. EEO/AA/M/F/Disabled/Vets .
Dow Jones is committed to providing reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities, in our job application and/or interview process. If you need assistance or accommodation in completing your application, due to a disability, please reach out to us at TalentResourceTeam@dowjones.com. Please put "Reasonable Accommodation" in the subject line.
Business Area: NEWS/WSJ
Req ID: 32495