Social Video Producer, Barron's - NY
The Barron's Group is seeking a social video producer to join its video team.
We are committed to the growth of visually compelling journalism on a range of social platforms. This video creator should have a deep understanding of Snapchat, TikTok, Instagram and other short-form video apps and be able to transition seamlessly between video creation and community interaction while maintaining Barron's Group's journalism standards.
The job requires experience with video, graphics and visual storytelling. We're looking for video journalists with a collaborative and innovative mindset who can quickly adapt in a fast-moving and experimental environment. This person will produce multiple features and evergreen explainers every week - plus timely videos with a focus on Snapchat. Primary duties will include creating and publishing both documentary style, scripted, text-based and hosted social videos and will involve researching, reporting, writing and producing videos in studio and in the field. We expect this producer to interact with our followers and build strategies to shape those exchanges into additional videos that are valuable to the audience.
Top candidates for this position will have a background in video journalism, demonstrate solid shooting and editing skills and have some experience with graphics in After Effects and Illustrator. On-camera experience is a plus. While you may start this job remotely, you will be based in our New York office.
- Produce video series with a focus on Snapchat.
- Produce, edit and shoot business and finance explainers, features and news-driven videos on a daily basis for social audiences.
- Collaborate with newsroom teams to ensure these are executed at a high level.
- Demonstrate sound editorial judgment and ensure that all journalistic and legal standards are followed at all times.
- Interact with our followers on certain platforms to build community and trust and shape those exchanges into additional video storytelling to serve those audiences.
- Help codify visual best practices on social media, including the creation of custom templates; clarify and update the guidelines as necessary.
- Attend planning meetings to identify and work with editors and reporters to shape stories with the highest potential to engage audiences on visual-first social platforms.
- Pitch and develop videos.
- Be data-informed in your decision-making to grow our reach on these channels. Work with the audience and platform teams on social strategy and distribution of Barron Group's content.
- Day-to-day publishing of video content on Snapchat and other social channels.
- Demonstrated experience producing videos under deadline constraints
- Sound editorial, storytelling and design judgment and a clear understanding of Barron's Group publishing standards.
- Prior experience working at the intersection of social media and video journalism.
- Fluency with video and photo editing software, including Adobe Premiere, Photoshop, After Effects and/or other relevant tools.
- Fluency with internet culture and trends.
- Familiarity with social-media publishing and analytics tools, including SocialFlow, Adobe Analytics, CrowdTangle and other relevant software or platforms.
- Clear communicator with exceptional written and collaboration skills
- Ability to take direction and work quickly and efficiently under tight deadlines.
Dow Jones , Making Careers Newsworthy
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. EEO/AA/M/F/Disabled/Vets .
Dow Jones is committed to providing reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities, in our job application and/or interview process. If you need assistance or accommodation in completing your application, due to a disability, please reach out to us at TalentResourceTeam@dowjones.com. Please put "Reasonable Accommodation" in the subject line.
Business Area: BG - OFFICE
Job Category: News/Editorial Group
Req ID: 32256