Alfol Publishing, Digital & Social Media Editor
2 days left
- Full Time
We are a dynamic, creative publishing and events company supporting the hairdressing and barbering industry in the UK and Ireland.
We’re looking for an experienced Digital & Social Media Editor to work with our editorial, brand and commercial teams, creating and managing content to support our many own-brand events and brand partner commercial activations across our website and social media platforms.
This incredibly varied role will see you working from home, but you will be expected to attend and report on events both in London and around the UK and attend regular team get togethers.
You’ll need more than three year’s previous experience working in this field, with excellent writing; a good eye and ability for design; photo and video editing skills; SEO knowledge and a proven track record of building and managing communities. You will also have excellent organisational and time management skills and will enjoy working hands-on in a fun, creative industry as part of a busy, friendly team.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Devise and run our social media strategy across multiple platforms, including Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, TikTok, Pinterest and You Tube, ensuring consistent growth and engagement across our platforms
- Work directly with our print editorial team jointly to create our website editorial strategy and create relevant stories and franchises for the website
- Work with our Digital Assistant and Digital Designer on activations to ensure timely delivery
- Champion the brand website, increasing visits and encouraging visitors to stay longer by creating relevant content
- Design, create, produce and manage high-quality content for all our platforms
- Be a face for the brand, including attending and reporting on events – both our own and external – and hosting Instagram Lives
- Build rapport with our community, engaging with and responding to comments
- Work with the Creative Partnerships team on brand partnerships and own-brand events, coming up with creative ideas for digital campaigns and assets to promote events, as well as supporting across all social media platforms and website
- Work with the Commercial team on brand activations, which could include website take overs, Instagram activations, competitions and advertising on website
- Manage and nurture our online community, including responding to comments
- Produce monthly analytics report and present to the team
- Work with the team to produce weekly newsletters to drive people to website content and events
- Keep abreast of the latest digital and social media trends and both implementing them in your work and keeping the team informed
Click Apply now and send us your CV and covering letter.